Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
Recently visited there for a conference and honestly the school gives a kind of unsettling feeling.

The admin is kind of authoritative, the students and staff are treated like shit, and the community feeling is kind of gone. Not blaming the admin or anyone per se, I think a number of factors including the pandemic etc are to blame (read between the lines).

Students seem disinterested and disillusioned at best, maybe because of the shitty treatment they get from the admin. Faculties act like they owe their lives to the administration; even the pretense of independence is gone. The research scenario is grim at best: I haven't encountered any quality work coming out even from the senior professors in recent years.

They pride over the IIT Kharagpur brand, but don't realise IIT Kharagpur itself is losing ground to other IITs nowadays.
It was pro bono conference early this month. Before this, I visited the school in 2014.
The college is nothing of its former self. Thestudent community was very vibrant around 8-10 years ago.
A 20-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.