Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
By ▮▮▮

I am a first-generation lawyer. I am a professional and not a hapless victim. Tactics such as constant trolling, creating fake news, whether it’s the so-called “slapgate”, whether to divert attention or create a false narrative, are unacceptable and will be called out. This is clearly a well-orchestrated attempt to target a successful first- generation woman professional like me. We have standards, ethics, and morality - something the rumour mongers, and trolls lack. It is high time anonymous witch-hunts and smear campaigns face legal consequences. I will not take the fall for something that never happened. I was brought up to be strong and stand tall - and to face adversity with courage. Where I come from, integrity, courtesy and fairness in how we deal with people matter most. My team defines who I am, and there is a reason we remain the best competition practice in the country. To the disseminators of fake news across platforms, including WhatsApp groups: As part of the legal fraternity, does it not behove you to at least attempt a fact-check once before forwarding malicious gossip? Introspect and be better. To my wonderful Firm Trilegalteam, clients, seniors and peers across the profession, friends, and family who are supporting me through this - you are the silver lining. Class and courtesy show and set you apart from the crowd. We will get justice, the trolls and disseminators will stand unmasked - IP addresses leave a digital footprint. I am a self-made woman. And, none of this will break me. #notinmyname #injusticeshouldnotbetolerated #firstgeneration #stillstandingtall

By ▮▮▮

A clarification on recent events Around 10 days ago, an anonymous post appeared on a website alleging that one of our partners had slapped an associate. This irresponsible post was made without any evidence whatsoever, leading to further comments baselessly claiming that this was the ▮▮▮, ▮▮▮. As the lies multiplied, it was insinuated that the firm’s management had paid to cover up the incident. Some comments even threatened physical violence against ▮▮▮. The firm stands in solidarity to categorically reject these malicious rumours. No complaint (formal or informal) of any such incident was ever received. No money was paid out of turn to any associate for any reason. This is an utter fabrication, and the Firm is taking recourse to remedies available to it under law. We are determined to see these actions through until we stand vindicated. ▮▮▮ will continue its mission to be an agent of change in our profession. ▮▮▮

[Moderator note: This thread has been locked for replies at this time]