Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Hi all, I am fifth year student from not so known law college. I am about to sit for off-campus law firm interview and was just wondering as to how one should answer the interviewer question relating to internship experience. Should we tell them about what all work you did in your past internships individually or tell them only about the internships wherein you worked on issues relating to their specific sector? What approach one should follow? Thanks in anticipation.
If you could tell us the firm name or the tier and which team.

Also, how you landed the interview off-campus.

Thank you in advance.
All you guys are like vultures hovering and hoping s/he fails the interview and you get to swoop in. No OP, don't tell them the firm name / team / how you landed the interview. Markets are tough and what's working for you gives you a competitive edge.
If you quote a case, they will ask for the provision of law under which the matter was litigated. Be sure you have these details with you. Read the sections again and on what basis did you proceed with the case. Quote supreme courts judgments, ratio etc. If corporate, mention the sections of Companies act, FEMA under which you researched. Thereafter you will be grilled and your knowledge will be tested. Make yourself very clear and be confident of your response. Don't be adamant and politely say that you would like to hear interviewer's perspective and that you are happy to be corrected/guide. Be confident, show that you're are honest and hardworking (which you should be). Most important, don't faff. It is okay to say you want to take a guess and you are unsure of the correct response.
Can you please also tell me whether one should provide the details of one particular issue? For example, should I only mention that I researched on so and so section, or should I also tell them about the particular issue due to which I researched on that particular section?
Factual background should be restr8cted tobtgree sentences. More of law and what was challenged. What recourse does law provide. Contentions by each party. Remember, they want to understand your legal knowledge and won't be interested in stories/useless facts.