Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
By serious, I mean candidates making posters and reels seeking votes. Also making manifestos. Also having a full backend support team. Also advertising their ideology and political beliefs (um... why? like how how is that relevant?)

By dirty, I mean some candidates and their supporters smearing other candidates with filthy gossip and outright lies. An entire social media group was created with such mudslinging.

Do you see this in NLUs? Or is JGLS just especially f--ked up?
Political ideology is relevant because one council in between was infested by lefties and would realise solidarity statements that had no reflection of the student body’s will.
β€œInfested”? - that word and sentiment around other humans has some really dark connotations. Kindly avoid.
JGLS, on an average, has 3-5 times the students in comparison to NLUs. As someone from a T-1 NLU that recently had student elections, I can safely say that people here are least interested about politics, except maybe a few over enthu and immature first years. In fact elections itself is a rare occassion, since the student body representatives are more often than now elected unopposed.
Really? You mean to say tweeting against Trump/Modi/JK Rowling is more relevant to us than hostel problems in college? No way!
Jindal is the worst University ever Don't ever go there telling this with my personal experience
You keep posting this on all jindal threads. Get a life. Get well soon.
In NUJS elections are mudslinging affairs with defamatory statements made against candidates by opponents
Yes. Elections in most colleges are now just culture wars between the left and right. Issues related to the university take a backseat.