Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
The biggest haling for lawyers is getting a good quant score in the GMAT/CAT. Entrants to ISB and IIM have high quant scores. They give leeway to girl candidates , but you still need a decent score.

As for B Schools abroad, the quant requirements are lower, especially if you are from a non-tech background. They are saturated with Indian BTech background and want diversity.
BUMP. Also, apart from finance what else can a lawyer do after an MBA?
An MBA in HR blends well with the law degree, also I feel Lawyers have better people dealing skills as apposed to Engineers. I feel more lawyers should do mba.
Management Consultant bane la bahut case study solve karna padta hai + good enough quick math skills. Usme IIT, CAT students ko harana mushkil hai.

Ha, communication + okayish practice of case studies + speaking in a structure as in 1, 1A, 1B ki taiyari karke it is possible to crack MBB. But, see the case studies, solve it everyday.

Follow a guy called Sarthak Verma on Linkedin. ISB alum. He everyday shares Consulting cases. So, see how it is solved.
Hey, I am one of those rare people who did hard core litigation and then did MBA. (from Tier 1)

it has its pros and cons.

pros

your knowledge level goes up.

network improves.

if you want to change from law to other line, it is helpful.

ideally you should not. but you choose what you want.

additional pros - my respect for lawyers went up. I came across some of the brightest and most brilliant business minds there were. but their thinking no where close to even a small time lawyer.

given a chance .. I would always work with lawyers even in purely business roles such as marketing or sales or operations. I find lawyers smarter than non lawyers.

cons.

not much appreciated in India.

all top law firms (all, no exceptions) are at the end of day are lala firms. so the appreciation of what an mba gets is lost on them. ( I have worked with all of them, as a client or a vendor or a service provider.)

so it would be sometime before someone appreciates this in India.

options.

if money is not an issue, have you considered an llm from US ? (Not UK)

mba unlike law is "universal" the syllabus, etc are pretty much the same. So while it does open door,s it also closes some.

Whatever the choice you make, my advise would be, unless you do from top tier b school or law school, it won't help.
Non Lawyers ka thinking compared with lawyers

Hahahaha

I think you did both LLB and MBA out of Jhumri Talaiyya colleges.