Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Got into decent tier 3 nlu might get compartment in maths took PCM couldn't manage school with clat what to do compartment exams result come in August first week what will I do it'll be too late except nlud no other nlu has a policy regarding this issue please guide me
My understanding is once you fail a subject, and take a repeat you are no longer given a percentage (but just a pass/fail) result. You have to check whether that will qualify you for minimum marks in Class 12 which is the admission requirement for NLUs. The minimum mark requirement is always passing all the subjects in one sitting. It is a qualifying criteria.

A possible solution for you would be to take both the Class 12 exam (all subjects) again and CLAT again. But then it will mean a gap year and again managing the workload of both exams.

Check it out.
No. You are given a percentage, marks too. You also get a new marksheet so you if gave compartment it won't show. Thinking you just get pass/fail is absurd. Regarding if you'd be allowed to enter college or not, email the college. And don't listen to this horrible advice of repeating the year (how the hell do people think like this?)
The requisite marks and aggregate percentage are ALWAYS considering all subjects in one sitting. Based on what you have mentioned, then there is no difference between someone clearing all subjects in one sitting, and someone repeating a subject. Isn't that unfair to those clear in one sitting?
It's 12th class? Not some competitive exam where the seats of other aspirants are at stake. The whole purpose of compartment exam is to make it easier to pass for the kid considering they put efforts. Fairness/ unfairness is out of the question here. And again, no. The aggregate percentage is considered after the final marksheet comes, whether that marksheet is right after boards or after clearing back exams, that's on the individual.

Also OP pls do email the particular uni you've been shortlisted for.
What an elitist view. The point of 12th exams ideally should be to establish you have learned some minimum amount. Shit happens, young kids make mistakes. Why should they have to pay for this their entire life? They gave the compartment and passed. Thus, they can establish that they learned something. Why must we turn everything into a competition, pulling others down?
I think as long as you clear the repeat it should be fine? I would check with the university to be sure.