- History: 2 courses

- Political Science: 2 courses

- Jurisprudence

- Human Rights

- Family Law: 2 courses

- Labour Law: 2 courses

- Agriculture Law

- Gender and Law (in some colleges)

- Law, Poverty and Development (in some colleges)

Optional subjects:

- Financial accounting (compulsory only in BBA LLB)

- Principles of management (compulsory only in BBA LLB)

- Business communication (compulsory only in BBA LLB)

- Competition law

- Capital markets

- M&A

- Corporate Finance

- International Trade

- Insurance law

- IT law

- Economic Offences

- ADR
ADR Is compulsory as per BCI Legal Education Rules.

Competition law and it law should be made compulsory .
Category 1: For careers in certain NGOs and academia only.

Category 2: For careers in law firms, companies AND ALSO certain NGOs and academia.

So category 2 is obviously better.
Competition law was a very popular electives at NALSAR taught by Sudhanshu.
The BA subjects and juris should have one course each instead of 2, except economics.

ADR and Trade law are already compulsory subjects here. I would suggest adding IT law (This should take care of privacy and other cyber security laws), Competition law is also taught as part of Corp II so that's covered as well, we can add capital markets maybe
In response to the comment that courses like Law, Poverty and Development ought not to be taught compulsorily in law schools, I share this quote from the opening lines of an edited volume by Raka Ray and Mary Katzenstein: "Not only is the persistence of widespread undernourishment in India quite extraordinary, so is the silence with which it is tolerated, not to mention the smugness with which it is sometimes dismissed."

Most of you, my juniors at the now various national law schools, would follow in the footsteps of my colleagues from the early cohorts of what continues to be now rather erroneously referred to as 'the' law school. You shall join the law firms and never again be left wanting to almost anything. You shall not care for the majority of India and its many struggling bodies. Therefore, maybe give 40 to 60 hours of your life to establish at least the very basic understanding of them and the noble profession you are about join.

PS: I am sharing links to profiles of the authors quoted above as many of you will likely dismiss the strength of the quote from names that mean nothing to you. Raka is a Professor of Sociology and Dean of Social Sciences at Berkeley (https://sociology.berkeley.edu/alumni-manager/raka-ray), while Mary is an emeritus Professor of Government at Cornell (https://government.cornell.edu/mary-fainsod-katzenstein).