Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
Hi everyone,

So I heard back from a firm in Bombay. It's a tier 2 firm and is known to be responsive. The HR person told me that they are currently only looking for 4th/5th year students. For context I am in third year and had applied for both the month of June and October. They said that even tho they are only looking for fourth/fifth year, my cv is being reviewed by some teams and they will let me know if I fit their requirements. What should I make of this??? It is a rejection, yes but seems like more than that to me. Please help a junior.
Anything other than a "what team you want" email can be a rejection. U really think they keep CVs of all 50,000 kids "on their database to revert in case an opportunity is available" who they rejected without any review. Anything other than a clear yes is a fancy way of saying no. This is not to demotivate you but to tell you the reality so that you can tailor your actions accordingly.
Yes this is rejection. Also if this is the firm starting with T, it's a tier 3 firm that pays 40k