Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
Why do corporate lawyers in law forms smoke so much?

Is it because of habits developed in law school? Is it because of stress? Don't they know that smoking is bad for their health and those around them?

Smokers and Non-smokers of law firms please share your opinions
stress + quick break which eventually turns into a nicotine addiction which is extremely hard to quit + already low life expectancy due to lack of sleep etc.
does anyone have better break suggestions? I love yoga while working from home but I can hardly break out a tree pose in the middle of the office. Haven't ever smoked and I don't want to start but there has to be some way to quickly relax and destress
Fidget spinner or stress ball. You will love squeezing the hell out of those
Let's meet in the smoking area between Max Towers and Berger at 1:30 PM sharp for a smoke break.
Not just guys but girls smoke heavily as well. Part peer pressure, part fashion statement and trying to copy celebs.
Just a break, literally nothing else.

I barely smoke at home but when I am staffed at a transaction that needs something to be done, I would keep craving smoke. Between calls, after sending an email out, after using the loo.

Quick breaks, thats all.
I don't smoke, I think it depends on person to person. Someone who is easily pressured into doing things and does not care about their health is susceptible to smoking. Once they start, they cannot quit. I am very proud that I never smoked.