Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
Currently allotted one of the above and can get the other in vacancies/later lists so which one should I go for?

What I want from college - chill academics( easier grading system ), t1 corp placement and good college life

Please help and i hope to not get biased answers, thanks!
You can get everything at NLUO but not everytime. Academics are easier but you have to attend 75% classes, 95% of faculty is sub-standard, exams are of 70 marks.

Placements is through PPO or college placements if you have batch rank. Neither of colleges can help you with this if you are not helping yourself.

College life in NLUO can be tough with VC, Registrar, Dean(Academics) and Controller of Exams finding different ways to mess up with you. These four offices are arbitrary and sadist, especially RPT, and arm twisting is common thing. You question anything, you will be arm twisted.

We just received an email yesterday that if you don't fill faculty feedback forms, you won't be allowed to sit for exams. When someone tried to question, Dean (Academics) responded that she can get that person's answer sheets and projects evaluated by experts in India and that the person will not pass the exam. Basically, she was hinting that she will fail the person.

This is common thing in NLUO. You raise your voice and you are usually dealt with like this.
Why are students opposed to giving faculty feedback? Isn't it anonymous?
Had it been anonymous how would they know who has filled it and who hasn't?
I've heard from a friend that the biggest issue there is the Vice Chancellor. It seems that last year, she compelled all students to move into hostel rooms on a double occupancy basis, even though the rooms were designed for single occupancy.

As a result, students are living in cramped conditions and have to rely on lockers kept in the corridors to store their belongings.

Unfortunately, these lockers are flimsy and prone to theft, as they can be easily broken with just one hack of a screwdriver.
Though it is an infrastructural issue, VC is trying to hide this under the guise of mental health of first years. They don't want to leave freshers alone, that's why they cramp two of them in a room meant for one ( see Q. 3 https://news.careers360.com/nlu-odisha-national-law-university-cuttack-nluo-ba-llb-law-courses-jobs-incubation-cell-vice-chancellor)

The problem of these double occupancy 10x10 rooms further aggravates in April when temperature reach 40Β°C and two people need to survive in those rooms without air conditioning. The administration is totally inconsiderate about these basic things. They can spend on that flower show but not in basic amenities.
SEVERAL of my seniors and I blazed the good stuff and did rbaazi in HNLU all semester long and had multiple backlogs that we cleared at the very end thru scam and still ended up at T1. Many of these guys have made SA in the past year or so.

Grinding in college is for foreign jobs, quality LLMs or career shift. T1 is a formality. Or if you’re a donkey who’s too dumb to make it to T1 without effort. Im not trolling, if you have the privilege of a good standard of education (which 90% if not closer to 100 of NLU kids do get) these kinda jobs are a mere formality.
I worked for a education consultant and I had to research a lot for this. I am not from a college or other so there is absolutely no bias. My findings are from August 2023. There will be no point personally attacking me, I was paid to help institutes rank NLUs and this is what I found as a neutral. I am from neither

NLUO:

NLUO beats HNLU in T1 Corp placements, in general firm placements. Average package and number of placements is far greater than HNLU.

I contacted several HRs and have even taken paid results from legal recruiters, everyone stated that firms have preferred candidates from NLUO over various other universities for campus placement and other roles.

HNLU has stronger alumni network and thus that helps them in placements but it in total for every 1 HNLU placement, NLUO would place twice.

NLUO has done better in International Moots in last 5 years. National moot data is too complicated to make any comments.

HNLU:

HNLU students have said to have chiller academics, the new system of NLUO has reduced exams but students state that they are fearful of the administration and nothing comes easy to them. Faculties that take pride in failing students is also a factor. The faculties try to catch students red handed then to become friendly.

NLUO has far reaching locational disadvantage, it has been saved by online meeting era else no firm was stepping to Cuttack. Cuttack stands no chance when it is made to stand against Raipur or even Naya Raipur. For a better life, Raipur offers better chances and places. Cuttack has been told to be small, conservative and people are not very friendly towards the liberalised campus o NLUO.

Take your call.
Seriously. HNLU and NLUO have literally no difference when Tier 1 and general placements are compared. And HNLU is actually at a locational disadvantage as compared to NLUO.

Please don't misguide.
Sorry what? Nluo beats hnlu in t1 placements by a huge margin? Stats don't support this lol. I mean there is literally very marginal difference in corp placements between both... Was better in hnlu earlier but nluo caught up and beating hnlu maybe by a small margin
The moment you said that hnlu has chiller academics, I quit reading xD
Hnlu has rigour and a pretty stagnant β€œcollege life”. However the student culture is pretty nice if compared against other T2s.

Seniors are helpful, there is no sir/ma’am culture and you’re actually treated as a peer rather than some puny kid one can pick on if you’re bored.

Placement shouldn’t be a determining factor. If you work hard, you’ll land up in a T-1 firm in either college and this can evinced by the fact that both colleges place a decent number of students in T-1 firms. However the alumni base in Hnlu may prove to be helpful (provided the admin recognises their very existence)

I had the choice of going to rml, hnlu, and nluo and I chose hnlu due to the fact that hnlu as such has seen consistency in placements, has a decent industry repute among corporate firms, and a large campus( which is under-utilised)

However, in hindsight, a thing I feel lacking is the emphasis of extra curriculars. Nluo has an excellent mooting culture which you don’t find here. You’d find nluo students participating in competitions left right and centre while hnlu students are preoccupied with acads( and the fact that admin is pretty icky about covering expenses for competitions ) Societies at hnlu are barely functioning.

However the corp culture at hnlu seems to be a notch ahead. There is good guidance and if you secure a decent rank and tailor a nice CV, your placement is guaranteed.

Hnlu does have a better library when it comes to corp and IP, while it isn’t aesthetic looking and looks like pretty basic from outside , you’d practically find any book you require for your moot, conference, or publication.

Note: I have nothing against nluo peeps, they’re probably the only college along with hnlu among the T2s that seem to be worth the money if one wants a shot at a corp placement coupled with the semblance of college life.
A 6-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 2-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 1-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.