Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
Hello, I am a third year student at a private university ( not jindal / SLS). Please don't troll me but is it too late to start working towards a PPO? All this while I was ignorant of the fact that I need to work independently and not depend on my college for anything. Please please help me with respect to how I can get internships without any contacts. I have done 5 litigation internships and 1 corporate internship until now. My aim is to do either general corporate or Mergers and acquisitions
Get a list of law firm's email ids and start emailing them with your CV. Target 25 law firms 1 day. Email at least 3 months before internship. Don't care whether it's tier 1or tier 2. If you get the opportunity, grab it. Also write papers and publish it.
I was in the same boat that too in my fourth year. I cold emailed/ sent a LinkedIn message to senior associates/ principal associates around this time and was able to secure a couple of T1 internships. Try to intern in your seventh/ eighth semester. I got a PPO by ninth semester.