Read 34 comments as:
Filter By
can someone tell if is it worth taking an internship here? openings? work culture?
I second that. Avoid Mumbai. Moreover, Mumbai doesn’t give internships to non-NLUs unless you have a contact. My contact at Saraf straight up told me that for recruitment, they don’t look beyond top 4 NLUs and only if you’re β€œexceptional” as a non-NLU kid, you may have a chance.
Bullshit. They take a ton of NLUO kids. And NLUO is not is top 4 NLUs.
Hi,

What do you think is a tier-1? The one which is considered by rankings, the one which pays well, the one which is engaged by good clients for good transactions. - Saraf ticks all the boxes.

The only caveat is that some of their practice areas are yet to be regarded as a tier 1 by rankings. But, do not think that it cannot be called a 'tier-1' firm.
Good teams in Saraf? All I know that Vaibhav Kakkar, Avirup Nag and Bikash team are good….

Any other teams to consider - please help.
I think Saraf is a Band II firm but will be a Band I firm in 20 years. Saraf does not have any statesmen or highly regarded individuals, but it has a number of Band 1 and Band 2 lawyers.
What do you expect? Its run by an ungrateful fellow who bit the very hand that fed him. Led to the demise of one of the most warm hearted persons ever. Him and the rest of his band of selfish backstabbing bottom feeders.
Extremely unprofessional. People who don’t get jobs elsewhere go to Saraf. Obviously something is better than nothing - hence go to Saraf then move to some Tier 1 firm after a year.
Saraf’s reputation is going down due to its delayed paying attitude. Reason can be twofold… one late payment and the another?
A 11-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 2-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 56-word comment posted 4 weeks ago was not published.