Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
Hello,

A0 in boutique IP firm trying to leave IP (everything sucked at my workplace and I realized IP does not pay you anything) and join some other team as a lateral hire. What teams would be ideal for me to apply for? With higher chances to get hired I mean.
any idea about the pay and work environment? (and benefits, if any?)
Pls explain the drawback also which you are facing for anyone who wants to do IP Litigation.
I'm not sure what's wrong with OP's firm. But mine lacks proper management and sort of feels like I'm under some dictatorship on most days. "I'm gonna treat you like you're pathetic and won't reach anywhere without me, but hey at least I get you free lunch/dinner and fancy booze sometimes" vibe.
Join the club brother/sister.

Just try to get into a TMT team asap. The more you go through the IP prosecution rut the more difficult it will be to switch.
TMT is the hardest practice area to break into. There is a lot of hype but hardly and vacancies and work. Even so called TMT firms hardly do any TMT work and they do gen Corp work.

IP pays low, but there is voluminous amount of work. TMT it's not like opportunities are there.
Ek SaaS agreement de dena Gen Corp waalon ko. Fir dekhna kaise naagin ban ke lot jaate hain. On premise software aur SaaS ke beech mein, kisme maintenance service apply hota hai, ye client se poochenge.
Disputes practice at a full service law firm would be your best bet. You're still fresh out of law school and maybe able to devote done extra time over the next couple of years to learn
Easy answer is caps marks, it’s very easy to get into these days and you are only you are only a fresher.