Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
As a fifth year student about to join a T-1 in another few months, quite confused and discouraged about my future opportunities and life in the career. Seniors working at T-1's seem to keep working in the same place while cribbing about it all the time (also at LI). Friends from other professions seem to have a much much better life, in all aspects. Options other than joining firms seem to be really bleak and do not provide as much stability of income either. Planned to prepare for judicial services (still doing), but read a ton of negative stuff here about that too. Not sure what am I looking for here, but anybody with any genuine advice or even some positive affirmations would also work lol.
I was in the same boat. Exactly the same. But over time I realised that:

a) LI and the usual cribbing about law firms always paints a bad picture. But it is not entirely true. Law firms all across the globe have intense hours. It pays you a lot of money that will ensure a good enough and comfortable upper-middle class life. It is not necessarily ALL BAD.

b) No good, high-paying profession with great career prospects is without long hours and toxicity. Being at the top of your field, be it medicine, law, engineering, finance, UPSC, you will have to sacrifice a lot of things. If you think corporate law is demanding and toxic, you have no clue about medicine.

c) Embrace the opportunity that has presented itself to you. Always remember that most problems have a way of working out themselves. You don't know how your law firm experience is going to be. Wait till you find out, and then worry about these things.
Most people would give an arm and a leg for what you have. The grass is always greener on the other side so don't listen to people who criticise tier 1s constantly. The working hours are bad everywhere, the tier 1s will at least pay well. And nothing that is ever said on LI is to be taken seriously. The commenters here are clowns and so are the moderators.