Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
I have recently read a lot of articles about faculty leaving nalsar and that the vc is just a joker. I even confirmed these allegations with various seniors. Now I feel like afraid of going to nalsar. Will I even be able to get a placement from here. What should I do?
Please don't come, if you are easily swayed without research like this. We are better off without you
I confirmed various allegations from seniors, maybe you should start working on your research
These kids haven't even got the college and start worrying about something pathetic. How do they even get college, when they are so stupid
I hope you have a good enough clat rank for NALSAR. Worry once you have skin in the game.
If you are asking such questions, you should definitely not come to NALSAR.
You will get placed, its second best law college in the country. Those posts are about the declining academic rigour which hopefully is going to be corrected soon.
Declining academic rigour has got nothing to do with placements. Law firms in India just need drones.
NALSAR can get you Linklaters or any other UK firm that hires from India, provided you are willing to work. As for your question, the name is sufficient to get your foot inside any law firm that does business in India - whether you convert that opportunity or not is entirely on you. Stop freaking out unnecessarily based on what you hear from "seniors," who must be some hopeless bunch from the first or second year.
For a kinder response to your question

The biggest asset of NALSAR has never been faculty as such. It is your batchmates and the alumni. With a batch so large, internal competition ends up driving you to be a better version of yourself. Being exposed to such a diverse set of students helps you grow as a person as well. Most of the laws can be studied by oneself provided one has certain basic understanding of english and legal systems. While good faculty definitely helps, it is a small component of campus life. I've learnt quite a lot from my batchmates, seniors, and juniors. 15-20 years down the line, these very people would be in quite influential positions in the legal circles.

For placements, it's going to depend on the efforts you put in. T-1 firms don't care about what faculty NALSAR has. Rather, they will judge the students based on their performance in internships and their interaction during Day Z. Self-study should help you there.

Lastly, the alumni network of NALSAR is your biggest strength. We are here to take care of you, so don't worry too much.
Nalsar had an outstanding faculty and was not competitive at all in its first few years. This is the dumbest theory I've ever heard - stick a bunch of ignorant law students in a big brother atmosphere and they will educate each other without knowing anything.

The reason not to worry is that all institutions go through transition. Nalsar has been through several including Veer Singh and it survived. Have a little patience. Faizan did well but the junior people who left recently are not the best professors Nalsar has ever had.

If you want to be constructive, think about people in the state and people who might be willing to move, who you want to learn from. Go tell the VC so that he can try to hire them.