Read 2 comments as:
Filter By
Hey, I'm a lawyer with about 2 years PQE. 95% of my job has been drafting reviewing agreements, providing legal opinions and applying for trademarks and appearing in front of the examiner. I have done 3 high court matters only in toto and a couple dozen MSME pleadings.

In my new job, which is predominantly a disputes firm, I have felt a bit insecure when I get into any disputes related work. Especially when disputes lawyers say IP/Corporate lawyers aren't "real" lawyers, lol. I hate courts and the dispute resolution system in India which my boss has acknowledged and the most I do in terms of disputes apart from TMs is replying to/drafting a legal notice regularly.

I am getting good offers from corp law firms / in house folks but it always plays in the back of mind that I have 0 lower court experience and very little high court experience. Only TM and MSME tribunals.

Will this harm me in the long run and should I mandatorily do 1 year of only disputes despite hating it? I particularly hate the law of admissions and denials.