Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
A NLUO student succumbed to his injuries after a car accident during the early hours on Sunday. A group of students were coming back to uni after attending the fest at AIIMS Bhubaneswar, when their speeding car hit a stationary construction vehicle parked beside the road. A bystander died on the spot, while the student succumbed to his injuries later in the hospital and his friends sustained injuries due to the collision.

University scheduled a condolence meet today for the departed soul.
So they were speeding....and an innocent bystander was killed as a result?
Kind off and as per people all of them, including the driver, who was not the student of NLUO but a friend of these people, were intoxicated.
OMG. Just a few days after two JGLS girls died in a similar accident. Extremely tragic and sad, but itโ€™s really time for a serious conversation on road safety and safe driving.
NLUO's even semester curse. From last 3 years, a student is dying every even sem. Too tragic and delusional. Hope this one is the last.
"Speeding car", "stationary construction vehicle", "parked beside the road", "bystander died on the spot".

These sum up the situation !
This case should not be lumped with the three Jindal road accidents where the students died. The Jindal students were driving and were in the wrong. Here it was a different driver.

In any case, itโ€™s pointless seeking to cast blame when young lives have been tragically lost. We need positive solutions like:

- Compulsory airbags

- More speed bumps

- Regular breathalyser tests on roads
The student who died was my student. I know this family for the past 8yrs..he is from an army background and is survived by this father, mother and younger brother. The car he was in, was his friend's brother's, โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ. This guy was โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ and lost control of the car. The traffic facilitator who was guarding the construction site died on spot and so did my student. One girl and other 3 boys have survived with injuries. He student who succumbed, was on spot. He was brought in dead as declared by the hospital.
A 44-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
Be sensible, and don't comment when you don't know things. The kid who died was not drunk, the driver was, who's not even a part of the college. Please, stop assuming things, you're NOT god, you'll never be. Your shitty comments can be SO hurtful to people who loved the kid/were related to him.
Okay, if the kids are not at all to blame in this then I walk it back. But no sympathy should be given to any idiot who puts other people's lives at risk and I've seen plenty of rich kids speeding their cars whether drunk or sober and I hope each time they meet a prolonged and painful ending without any harm to others' property or person.
First of all none of your opinion matters and you no right to say anything without knowing the whole situation and it's a sad thing that happened to the bystander but that kid was someone's child, brother and friend.
And that bystander was a poor father, husband and a son as well who died with no fault of his own
A 15-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 28-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 28-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 37-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.