Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
We all know Civil & Corp is the place where everyone flocks to, at the same time niches like tax & electricity are too small to have lots of opportunities as few players dominate the space. Can y'all suggest a mid-way practice area? One with plenty of opportunities but still relatively less competition?

thx in advance
Fintech is a wave. It WILL subside either over time or thanks to fucked up policies of the government which will kill all transactions in the sector eventually.
Phir to sab hi hai?

M&A; PE/VC are your run of the mill transactions.

Maybe funds practice (AIF) is still somewhat niche, but PE/VC is as competitive and mainstream as it gets
Cap marks less competition? 😂😂😂😭 Every 3rd kid wants to do cap marks nowadays
theres no attrition and very few potential employers, competition law has really been blown out of proportion by law schools these days. You also have very few tier 2 options that pay even close to 12. stay away, i am suffering and regret not switching to something like CM before
College wale aapko ghutti pila rahe hain aur aap pi rahe ho.

Comp me itna kaam nahi hai and most teams are relatively stable.
Jisko lagta hai competition law me kaam nahi hai, please join a lean team which leads filings (both on enforcement and merger side) and see for yourself. The actual competition to get a foot into competition law is very high, but agreed with the above comment - as you grow into it, very less exit options both within and outside comp law. Think thrice before entering the world of AAEC.
I mean what kind of orgs even need to comply with competition law? M&A , PE/VC or even B&F are different that way: anyone can just throw across a deal.

When I say the volume of work is not high, that does not imply that people who have work are sitting idle and just eating salaries, ofcourse they are busy and have lots to deal with.
Less mainstream for sure, but the likelihood of hiring is relatively low. Most teams are already done hiring and don't take in as many people due to the comparatively low attrition.
Real estate. But you need to know local language. Otherwise you can never be an effective real estate lawyer. RE is geography specific. Indian RE will boom over the next 30 Years.

NCR and most north india - Hindi

Chennai - Tamil

Bangalore - Kannad

Mumbai - Hindi and some Marathi slang

Ahmedabad - Hindi with some Gujarati slang

You must be able to read, write and speak these languages. Otherwise you will depend on external counsel and you will be blind during title verifications.