Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
GNLU has been doing great in terms of placing its students and academically. I got in GNLU but I had the chance to being upgraded to NLU J. So if we take into account things like :-
1. Faculty
2. Infrastructure
3. Administration and liberty
4. Activities/Co-curriculars, competitions, moots
5. Placements and Internships

which would be the better choice, gnlu or nluj?
there’s a thread for this every week and there’s always 15 or so GNLU students mass down voting and’s raiding the threads
I have no belongingness to any of these institutions, but as a professional in the legal Industry for over 14 years including my stints abroad I can see that now Gnlu is more recognised may it be higher education abroad, Foreign law firms TCs or careers in International law and organisations. NLUJ has been only good so far in foreign TCs but that too has been stagnant or declining for recent batches. I believe one of the reasons for GNLU’s growth has been constant funding from the state gov. While both institutions are good, I would suggest you to go for Gnlu
GNLU>NUJS>NLUJ>NLIU

IMO that’s the tier 2 ranking after the Big 3.
1. faculty for both bba and ba sucks. as for the law subjects, most faculties are decent. usually the quality increases as you get to your honors.

2. acad block is decent. hostels are pretty bad ngl, specially men's. however, the new VC does seem to be changing that. in fact one of the boy's hostel has been rebuilt. everyone gets a single room starting your first year so that's nice.

3. admin is fuckall. v stern. you would not get exemptions on exams etc for moots as you probably would in GNLU. as for liberty, the only person who cares abot hostel rules is the CW. so as long as you hide from him, you're fine

4. sports is a huge thing here. moots, competitions not as much as GNLU i would say. largely because no one ever has the time to work on all of this because of excessive number of tests etc. however, that also has changed starting this sem. plus the 2026 batch seems to be winning wherever they go

5. easy if you're in top 15-20ish of the batch. after that a bit difficult tho not impossible, lots of people from 25ish rank also have T1 internships. largely dependent on CV
A 1-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 40-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.