Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
I am in a tier 1 firm. I have this friend in office. I find her really attractive. We say hi to each other, talk for like 5 minutes max a day. We’re kinda like acquaintances. I have tried flirting but she doesn’t seem interested. So I have just distanced myself, in order to not make her uncomfortable. Has an office romance worked out for anyone in our field? Can someone help me ask her out? I want to do it in a respectful manner, don’t want to make her uncomfortable. But, all plans I try to make of us hanging out outside the office, they fail.
Take the hints dude. She's not interested. She'd have reciprocated or taken initiative to reschedule otherwise. You'll come off as desperate, or worse. Find someone else, preferably not from the same firm. Keep your personal life away from your office.
It is good you distanced yourself as you felt she was disinterested. If you need clarity, ask her politely and clearly, whether she'd go out for a coffee with you. If yes, gauge her interest there and meet again. If she says she has work, do not insist, unless she proposes an alternate day.

Do not worry about coming across as desperate. Being clear and respectful in your approach does not make you a desperate. Take clarity and move ahead, whichever way it is.
A 8-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.