Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
Feel ▮▮▮ thinking about doing this for the rest of my life. Looking at spreadsheets and documents for hours and hours and hours in a day.

Only good things are family and friends, barely get time to pursue my hobbies, longing for the weekends like a dog and a bone..

What kind of life do we live? I believe in a higher power and I’m sure they pity the lives we have. This isn’t what they meant for us to do. Most days once I’m out of the office I can’t remember where I parked my car, was it on the 1st floor garage? No I parked there last week, why am I remembering that today? Probably because everyday is exactly the same. I still can’t find my car.

Slaving my life away and for what? So these rich assholes can keep getting richer, our bosses and their bosses will get a decent cut themselves, so they keep mum, bragging about how they got to where they are by slaving their youth away, acting like the sun gets closer the more you chase it but really all they were chasing was a dim lamp at midnight, too ashamed to admit they wasted their life away so they compensate by making us waste ours the exact same way.

How about a change of scenery, that would be nice..no, it’s near-impossible to move laterally abroad in this field. Be it a masters degree or headhunting a headhunter, nothing even came close to guaranteeing a chance abroad, not in this job. I knew this would be the case, but that didn’t stop me from pursuing this profession. I wanted to be different. I didn’t want to work in finance like all the other kids in my school.

It’s not too late, I know it can be worse, much worse. I’m switching professions, I’m getting that foreign MBA, regain some youth and maybe waste away working in retail for a bit, get yelled at by some old white woman, mostly because she hates the color of my skin. I think I’ll enjoy studying and working again, making connections till I graduate, starting this same bs cycle again but this time I’ll go much higher. Manager, senior manager, COO, CEO. Hell maybe I’ll even join the board, make the chairperson. Why stop there? I’ll start my own company. Maybe I’ll lose everything I own but maybe, just maybe I’ll win it all. And then they can all slave away for me. The cycle repeats but this time I’ll have a nice padded seat to sit on and handles to hold.
>Maybe I'll lose everything I own but maybe, just maybe I'll win it all.

Holy fuck OP you should be a poet or something because that statement just moved my soul.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Mark 8:36