Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
Will they be too reliant on Chat GPT and other technologies, and lose the ability to read and think with originality?

Will they demand more accountability from corrupt admins?

Will they return to the conservatism of Gen X and Y, or take forward the radical liberalism of Gen Z?
GenZ ka liberalism follow karenge. There will be no RETVRN to GenX or GenY conservatism. Maximum they can do is AndrewTatta bullshittery
Will we wait to face them and learn ourselves what they are like instead of passing judgements in advance?
half the batch will be cancelled on the first month for not following the proper pronouns, not having Palestine flags in their usernames and not adhering to the marxist ideology.
do you know what a loaded question is? Why assume they will care about corruption? why assume there is corruption? why assume Gen z and Gen y are conservative or that there is anything radical or liberal about gen z?
Thought process changes every 8-10 years. While Gen Z is utterly delusional without any connection to the ground realities, Gen Alpha will see through it... It will lead to a revolution
Basically these are today's 14-15 year olds and children of Gen X parents. My view of having met some Gen Alpha kids is that is that they are like us: reading Harry Potter, playing PlayStation, watching EPL etc. I actually don't find them much interested in politics. But that will change when they enter college and get introduced to Marx, Ambedkar etc. Thus, the radicalism will come from left-wing teachers. The kids are inherently not at fault.
As someone in the beginning of my academic career, this is definitely something on my mind. Teaching pedagogy has to change, I'm trying to come up with newer teaching method that will help not hinder the newer batches. Hopefully I can connect with an online generation that doesn't connect with the physical world.
Why the pessimism? It's well known that each generation is smarter than the previous one, just like you are much more intelligent and aware than your parents were at the same age. So the influx of Gen Alpha will raise academic standards. The negative comments are from insecure people who worry that Gen Alpha will take their jobs. A 25-year old Gen Alpha associate will know more than an older partner from Gen Y or Gen Z.
No. Each generation is not smarter. They just have more information available
Honestly, Gen Alpha doesn't need to go to law school. The faculty is terrible (barring some profs at NLSIU and JGLS) and all the information you need in available online now.
Trolls now get to decide the quality who have achieved more in life than said trolls will in their lifetime.
Gen Alpha will actually be the luckiest generation, because foreign law firms will be in India by 2027, when they start law school. Their average recruiters will not be CAM and SAM, but Linklaters and Clifford Chance. Their quality of teachers will also be better, as more and more NLU grads join academia. You will also see more NLU alumni becoming VCs. And they will have more knowledge at their fingertips than any other generation.

But the question to ask is whether Gen Alpha will take advantage of these privileges, or if they will resort to the same old Gen Z culture of grievances, entitlements and wokeism. Time will tell...
If Gen Alpha was born in 2013/2015 or so, then how can they enter colleges in 2027? Will be much later. Gen Z will be prevalent till 2030.
The sheer social and cultural impact of Gen Z has been awesome: Greta Thunberg, Malala, Zendaya, Billie Eilish, Kylian Mbappe, Haaland, Alcaraz, Swiatek, even Kylie Jenner as the worldβ€˜s youngest billionaire by solely leveraging the power of social media. Just incredible icons. Also the generation that ushered in true respect for all races and genders.

Gen Alpha has big shoes to follow!
A 4-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.