Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
Context - Got into JGLS with a 95< percentile, got into a Tier-2 NLU after giving CLAT. Plan to give CLAT 2025 regardless of wherever I go.

My family is earning enough to pay for my admission to Jindal, however I'm not particularly keen on going to Jindal, mostly due to having heard about the type of crowd who go there along with various other issues which I've heard about. However, the NLU I'm getting into has a ton of problems and controversies surrounding it as well which are well documented on LI. Which one would serve as a better fallback option if I were to unable to do well in CLAT 2025 and provide me with the best opportunities for the future?
Partial drop with Hnlu/nluo/rgnlu/nuals over Jindal anyday, and yes you're right about the crowd factor- it does matter
in what world is nluj tier 2? in any case, nluj is far better than jindal, if you're looking at prestige.
let's say you get into a tier 1 nlu next year, it would be a loss of 2L in the t2 nlu but a loss of 9L in Jindal. Jindal is not good, tier 2 nlus are much better
Jindal is the worst law school ever don't ever go there telling this with my personal experience
honestly you are going to get good profs who actually make the effort to teach you. the only advantage at JGLS is the wide range of professors. you learn really well. there is a lot of competition so it is difficult to get into adr society or mcs society. dont worry about the crowd because you are going to find all kinds of people - there are many studious students so that isnt an issue. the only downgrade with JGLS is the brand name. it is difficult to show the hiring ppl that you are not the shit crowd of JGLS. it is a little difficult to break the barrier of bias against JGLS. the JGLS alumni is also not very keen on helping out juniors as compared to the NLUs solidarity.
No T2 NLU can match Jindal, even remotely. Either in faculty or in facilities.

If fee not an issue or if you get scholarship you must prefer Jindal.

Work hard to be in top 10% of class at Jindal and you will get opportunities better than any NLU.

Dropping a year is the worst idea in legal field.
Which t2 NLU though? There are huge differences, for example if it's HNLU/NLUO, take them without any hesitation. They are way better than JGLS. NUALS can also be considered as a last last resort. But if it's something like RGNUL/RML/MMLU-M, please avoid them at all costs and go to JGLS
What are you saying? Please don't mislead young aspirants like this. They are Tier 3 NLUs at best