Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
As an A0 is it a good idea to tell people you are feeling overwhelmed within few months of work? Should one tell their partners/PAs/SAs that they plan on leaving if the work doesn’t get better? Or should I play it smartly and not create an impression that I can’t hack it?
Hey - I don't think I've met one junior who hasn't been overwhelmed. It could be for various reasons - place culture / environment, amount of work, your inability to grasp things you think ppl expect you to.

Figure out the cause of the same and talk to someone in the system you trust. They may give you some good advise on how to navigate the system to avoid feeling stressed. If the work quantity is an issue - take to your senior/ partner, and don't take "We worked 2x of what you do" as an answer.

Most of these things can be managed if ppl (above you) want to. Raise the issue - see if issues get resolved. Think about moving on if they don't. Shifting without trying could be bad for your mental health and for confidence both, keeping aside any regrets you may have later. Moving on eldo may not help with getting rid of this feeling. Different place, same feeling :)

Relax - it's usual to feel this way.
If you're going to leave anyway if nothing changes then might as well try telling the SA/Partners. If anything changes, good, if not, you leave as ply