Read 38 comments as:
Filter By
Guys want to know about this firm. they have given an offer to join but i dont have much info on this firm.

How is the firm. grateful for responses Pls
you cannot enquire at this stage. Should ideally enquire when considering the opportunity to interview
Recently, 2 partners (โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ) have been terminated โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ

For the rest they are a stable and good firm and you can check with various alumni.
Former associates perspective: It is great place with a very steep learning curve. You get to work on real transactions as oppose to working for an SA/PA in a big law environment from a peripheral pov.

Lots of flexibility in time/work and not too many layers for the atrocious โ€˜law firm politicsโ€™

If you like all above, do join!
Hi, I am not sure of the veracity of other comments. Please an ex-employee of Verist Law and had a wonderful experience
Ex-associate here. OP- I really hope this is a genuine question and not some sabotage.

The firm has a small team with matters in various practice areas. Mainly, you get to work on gen corp advisory and M&A, and the partners are flexible and assign projects based on your interests and abilities. I had a good time working there as I got to work on different practice areas and projects. You get client exposure way earlier than your peers at other firms, and the learning curve is better. If you look at the exits from Verist, people end up mostly at Tier I law firms. There are no office politics, work hours are amazing (mostly gets over by 6-7 pm), and free unless the clients demand something urgent weekends are mostly free (which partners push back on if it isn't urgent or unreasonable). You have WFH flexibility, which was truly there before the pandemic.

I recommend the firm. I hope you haven't communicated your decision.
Why did you leave sir? As you have described, you were at the best firm, then why move on ???

Former senior associate -most of the pro firm comments are not entirely true. Was at the firm for 2 years and there wasn't much work, very low deal value transactions, that too few of them. There were more regular contract review retainer work . This is genuine info.
Hi, I am an ex-employee of Verist Law so you can ensure a level of veracity in my views. I am not sure how genuine are other comments here. Verist Law is a firm where you will learn a lot. Trust me, it has helped me in my career immensely. The seniors helped me if I was stuck in some legal issue and ensured that with work I was also learning also.

The firm takes into consideration your preferences, strengths and weakness, while allocating work. You can also request if you want to take up new nature of assignments.

Coming to work culture - The people at Verist are very understanding and at the same time professional. There is good work life balance also considering the fact that mostly Saturday and Sundays are non-working.

With respect to compensation - During my time at Verist, neither I faced any payment issues as highlighted by some comments in the thread nor I heard that some other employee was facing such issues. Further, the compensation structure at Verist is at par with Tier 1 Law firms and there is no limit of growth at Verist. I personally got very decent increment within a very short period of time.

So, personally, I would say that if you focus on working hard and with decent intelligence, Verist Law does not hold back in compensating you amply.
LegallyIndia is unfortunately inviting a cesspool of comments which are untrue and incorrect. Baseless allegations are being made against the firm. I have worked at Verist Law and have had a steep learning curve, excellent deals, great mentorship, a work-life balance and received salary on time. Itโ€™s ridiculous to see people randomly vilifying a firm - I have seen countless number of law firms being needlessly trolled without any substantive merit. The โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ partners who are being mentioned here were let go because of โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ, obviously the whole picture isnโ€™t being presented fairly here. Those who seek to ask questions on a page filled with trolls - it makes no sense. If you want to find out about a role, ask the interviewer - itโ€™s simple.
This is official communication from Verist Law: Noone has been offered a job at all close to the time of this post.

There have been two senior-level partner terminations in the second half of last year which we will refrain from details of for the sake of propriety and privacy. Since then we have amended to ensure less abuse of our culture.

We are not a hire and fire place and take pride in our culture, quality of clients and team and of timely financial discipline. In any case queries and conversations are welcome at contact@veristlaw.com or directly to the team on LinkedIn.

Thank you for the opportunity of clarification and we hope defamatory lines will continue be managed well by Legally India given the relevance of this forum.
The place has seen highest attrition rate amongst law firms per LinkedIn almost 6-7 associates leave in a year or so? Is that even normal for a firm with less than 10 people? One can understand that 1-2 people leaving can be because of their fault. But this repeated exodus reflects poorly on the firm. One can come up with 200 clarifications, but what is fact is unhidden and in public knowledge. And yes, law is a small field, people do give verbal reviews, which also spread.
Hi, I am not fond of this or any anonymous platform, yet the blatant lies here compel my intervention to clear the air. Comparatively speaking, the culture here entrenched within the firm transcends and is better than the norms prevalent in numerous other similar establishments.

Notwithstanding the presence of divergent viewpoints and professional friction, it remains an environment characterized by adaptability, flexibility, and opportunities.

Drawing from personal experience, I attest to the enriching nature of my time spent within its confines.

Peace, and yes anonymous platforms are the last place on earth to get real feedbacks.
Let me take on: see itโ€™s not a firm. Itโ€™s a one-women show with one partner and couple of associates.

If I say anything here legally India would be moderating/taking it down.

So, itโ€™s better to contact the past employees.

At this moment I can surely say that what is advertised is tip of iceberg, you can derive the rest details by getting in touch.
Read the comment carefully, with other threads also. You shall get a fair idea.
A 125-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 53-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
I am currently working with Verist. I have never had my salary deducted, and rather I have received bonus for time periods when we had to work beyond the usual working hours for increased volume of work. The WFH set-up instituted by the firm even before the pandemic has been a blessing, and I can count on my fingers the number of times I had to work weekends.

This chain only highlights one-side of a larger issue. From what I know, two ex-โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ partners joined and were let go of within weeks for not doing much work, or misrepresenting the work they were doing for the firm. Not surprised that they are spreading these lies. Funniest is, one of these ex-partners still represent to be working with the firm when they left a few months ago.
A 14-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 24-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 106-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 53-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 26-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 37-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 28-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 94-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 58-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.