Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
A high school student here, not sure whether to pursue a carrer in law or not, mainly corporate law.

A healthy advance on it would be appreciated
Depends on your aptitude. I think if you are good with social sciences, english, comprehension, you should try for CLAT.

You can also try for IPMAT. And if you have some money, try Ashoka too, they have food reputation.

Because the IIT JEE, Engineering route is extremely brutal. I mean, it is not really the entrance exam phase, after that surviving 4y reading shit (beyond Comp Sc/IT fields all Engg is shit with respect to job prospects), is just bad. You feel life getting sucked out like in Harry Potter's prisoner of Azkaban.

And if you are General Engineering Male, even 99.6 in CAT wont get you IIM ABCL. So, you are doomed.

I would say, Engg + MS in US route is good enough. Any college +MS in Comp Sc/data analytics + some luck can land you 150k jobs.

So, go for CLAT + IPMAT + Ashoka. If you were too serious about IIT or engineering, you wouldn't have reached here in the first place. Later do foreign MBA or STEM MS.
money-wise, no. go for IT or MBA. more money, less work, less risk. law is largely a clique of elites who try to game the system in their favour.