Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
Please do not turn this into fight zone. My cousin cleared both CLAT and AILET. She has got both NALSAR and NLUD. Her aim currently is not to practice law in firms or litigation. Instead her interest is to pursue higher education, Masters & PhD abroad. However this is the current aim, who knows how many times it will change in the next 5 years. Having said that, she's worried abouth the next 5 years. As in when she graduates will either of the institution fall from grace ? I assured her it will not happen since both are top 3 universities. They will only rise in the next decade. She's confused as to which one should she chose ? Could you help her out ? She likes NLUD because of the location factor & NALSAR because of it's campus and older name. I have no idea between the two, just that both will equally benefit her. Could the wiser people help ? Seeing the next 5 years. Where will it be better ?
NALSAR>NLUD for campus, infrastructure, older tag thus alumni and faculty.

NLUD>NALSAR for location, research, upward rise in recent year and younger therefore hungrier to succeed.
Why does campus/infra matter so much? In any case, NLUD is good enough, has a lot of room in the girls' hostels and has great classrooms and is right next to a huge mall and a metro station on Delhi's main line. It's also close enough to Gurgaon and will be closer with the expressway.
Because they're children and some of them want to experience that vibrant campus life independence. Therefore a large campus like JNU, NALSAR etc is what people love. It's just a temporary 1st semester thing.
In all honesty no choice is wrong, she will have an excellent experience at both places. As someone from Delhi, I would have gone to NLUD as it is close to the city and Dwarka is also quite established now (has an IMAX and good restaurants). Not sure about Nalsar but from what I know it is in the middle of nowhere. People ignore these quality of life factors but over a five year period where one challenge is to not burn out, these things matter a lot.
For higher studies, NLUD. It has much better faculty to help with recommendations, publications etc. than Nalsar. The slew of recent top scholarships proves that and the alumni base is getting more established year on year. NALSAR has definitely stagnated a bit on these fronts but they have the older alumni advantage and are still neck and neck with NLUD on most parameters otherwise.
NLUD faculty barely have a handful of decent publications between themselves at this stage. What are you talking about?
First, I did. That's the truth. Hardly any reputed peer reviewed publications, even fewer SCOPUS and other reputed indexed publications.

Secondly, so you don't really have any argument in favour of exactly where NLUD is doing better other than your staunch belief that it is. In which direction is it "ferociously growing" exactly?
None of them have a stellar PhD or post doc program. The only one would be NLS. But even there Sudhir is sitting on final submission. Looks like IITs, IIMs will surpass all as even JNU and DU have regressed in these areas.