Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
Move to tnnlu in later lists or vacancies. Access to better opportunities with corp and disputes places in Chennai.
Not even tier 2 law firms go there. The placement is done by kids who have secured it themselves. You can go to their NIRF submitted documents and see the whole reality. The only thing working for them is huge campus. But even that is an hour away from the main city. The huge local reservation is the main problem. Those kids don't want it study only enjoy.
that can be attributed to the fact that seeing as how we're in assam, and no big law firm has an office anywhere around us, let alone headquarters, so they don't have many reasons to come out this far. and ukw, even that is changing, representatives of these firms have started coming to our campus.
Not to endorse the drug or ragging culture of law schools, but this is something you will likely get to face in literally every NLU (speaking from personal experiences). NLU Assam's got a more than decent infrastructure when it comes to their 3 NLUs rest everything could be said to be on par with NLUs that were established during the same course of time.
What's the use of a infrastructure when the faculties are leaving and the facilities are being destroyed.
If you're from the north east I would suggest trying for ne reservation in GNLU. Or go to Delhi. DU is a better option. If you're from Assam itself, it works since you'll have home advantage. But if you're from someplace else, avoid. It's not a tier 2 and more likely will drop more after NLU Sikkim and Tripura come up in a few years. The reservation is killing them.
A 97-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
Brother I don't know what the hell are u talking about, I am myself a first semester student, so I don't have any bias for NLUJAA but what the hell bruh? Drugs is one thing but I never saw any bullying or molesting here. Seniors are very helpful too, idk wth u r rambling about
The CM even slashed the annual budget. Sad state of affairs. Look at it's NIRF ranking from 16 to 24. Next year will drop out of top 30.
I agree, it's a cesspool there. Especially when you have students with a 20K+ rank get in because of state reservation. Like 20000 rank...wtf !
Most of this is gossip. I was a senior there as well. This doesn't pass for career advice and I remember the incident with the first year student as well. I hope you remember how all the girls came to her rescue when she was kicked out of hostel. Bullying is unfortunate but I really do not think other universities do not have it. Never experienced the incident with drugs and condoms in my five years there.