Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Details – in 12th as of now, gave CLAT 2024 and ended up in a Tier 2 NLU

As mentioned in the details above, I gave CLAT 2024 and ended up in a Tier 2 NLU, which has severely affected my mental health and well being ever since I’ve received the results. In good faith, I can’t claim for there to be any disadvantageous or mitigating factors which can justify my performance in the exam. I had a respectable upbringing in a decent locality, along with my education taking place in an English medium school. My family has a solid middle-class background, and was able to pay for my coaching without any hassles, and if necessary, can afford to enroll me within a private law college as well. Along with this, they were nothing but supportive and I had a good peer group as well. I plan to take a partial drop even thanks to my family’s support and encouragement of my decision to do so.

There’s nothing which can really justify the fact that I did poorly, in spite of me having so much going in my favour. I’m well aware that whining and moping about the result won’t help in any ways and that what’s done is done, and I’ve attempted to move on and prepare for my boards along with other law entrances, in order to secure the best possible alternative to the Tier 1 NLUs. However, each night, I find myself being haunted by my failure and am unable to move on from the fact that I, despite having come from a privileged background and having so much going for me, couldn’t achieve what I set out to do. If I had been more conscientious and hardworking, and didn’t waste time on pointless matters I didn’t remember a week afterwards, I perhaps could’ve ended up in some place much better than where I shall be going. I know that one exam held on a Sunday between 2 to 4 pm in December 2023 can’t necessarily determine the course of my life and future career and doesn’t hold much weight years down the line, yet the ramifications of my failure just keep playing over and over in my head. Many people I know and consider to be friends of mine shall be going to places where they’ll be learning material and being given opportunities which I won’t be privy to while I'll be trying to prepare for CLAT 2025 alongside college. The year I’ll lose will never come back.

I’m well aware about the fact that this post is overly melodramatic and ranting about an exam on an anonymous forum to strangers won’t really help in any way, but I felt as if I had to get this off my chest. If anyone happens to have read this, I thank you for having spent your valuable time reading this incoherent and pointless rant of mine.
Quit whining, take responsibility for your actions and work hard. You're not that special. What matters is your performance on the day of the exam, not how much preparation you put in before, though both are inextricably linked. If you can't handle your emotions/the pressure on the day of the test and ended up screwing it up, then that means your overall preparation wasn't really up to the mark. And nearly half of most NLU batches have droppers since it's a long 5 year course and people would like to spend it at a good place. You're not doing something so extraordinary by missing out on some social life for a year.
Seconded. Disillusioned grad here. People on LI keep talking about how law doesn't make sense if you don't get a Tier 1.
bro you know same story me, but didnt even get an nlu,as of now, may get in subsequent lists, but tier 3, to no avail, its failure only
well, I fucked up as well but after a month of crying about it like a little dog, I have now realized that if I genuinely tried my best, I would never lose
and at the end of the day, if I did not give it my best I don't deserve anything
having said this, you are in my direct competition now for clat25, best of luck ;)