Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
I'm from the 2024 batch of a T2 NLU. I have a decent CV with T1 and T2 internships, publications, and extra-curriculars. I have failed to secure a PPO yet. Only random firms and companies are visiting college. I do have an assessment lined up but I'm scared that the firm might go on a freeze before I intern there (it has already happened with me before). I blame my

internship strategies/ planning, and wrong timings for my failure.

I am clueless as to what to do. I am damn sure that I want to go for a law firm job and I am even willing to intern till September/ October 2024 if I could make it to a decent firm (I mean any T2 or T3 firm which either pays well or is recognised). People have even recommendedme to take any random firm that I'm getting as beggars don't get to choose. But I feel it would take me ages to switch to a good firm if I join any random firm at the beginning of mu career.

Please suggest me what should be my course of action. My college has attendance issues so it would not be possible for me to do a long term internship till May. Suggest me where all should I apply.
I think it's justified to not want to join any random firm, but if you do get a chance to join a low-end T2 or T3 firm then take that. You can also move up later. The best shot would be to intern long term at a firm the moment college ends. That can turn into a retainer by September probably. Besides that you have an assessment and it's better you just give it your all and see where that takes you. Worst case you come out of there with some connections who can refer you to other good firms. I also suggest you start cold mailing all t2 and t3 firms, partners especially.
I'm in the exact same boat. Had a T1 internship that went well, even gave a PPO presentation but found out they're on a hiring freeze 3 months later. I have another T1 internship lined up but I'm going to cancel it, no point wasting time on places that aren't hiring. At this point, I'm just interning at chambers and boutique firms where prospects of hiring exist.
Hey it’s time for the 2025 batch. Try getting some other job, and let the new batch come.
Tell this to me after an year. The situation is gonna be worse for the 2025 batch.