Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
Is it even possible for a guy from a non nlu to make it in a tier 1 law firm? I'm sorry if this sound stupid but I'm a fresher and I'm really scared as my financial condition isn't good and I need to start earning asap after graduation.
I think the prospects from ILS are similar to that of GLC. SLS is good option too, but it's a private and more expensive college to go to.
Recently graduated from ILS. My seniors and I found jobs at the firms you’re talking about- JSA, AZB, CAM, SAM, KCo. Either PPOs or campus placements. It’s not the easiest, and a lot of it is a question of luck. But it happens, and is not rare. Even if not immediately after, two years in everyone finds it easy to lateral into these firms. That is not difficult.
Since it is a β€œpossibility” question, the answer is YES, obviously it is possible for non-NLU students to get into these top firms.

But then there is β€œprobability”, this is where it gets tricky. Only a very few students of each graduating batch get into these firms.

For example- 5 out of 180 students.

The key is to remain in top 5% of your batch, find and do good internships, do publications, moots, debates, etc to make your CV look good.
slsp se to linklaters aur baker mckenzie bhi kara hua hai logo ne, to ye sab to hai kya cheez unke aage - this might sound trollish but sach yehi hai