Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
Not good sir. Favouritism and politics. Mid level pretend they are God. Partner ignores bad behaviour and rewards them. AJ (SA soon to be counsel ) has a lot going on for him.

Although, if you compare the partner and the team culture compared to other teams in the firm, they aren't so bad.
Mr AA is a pleasure to work with. Was my mentor during my internship. Gave me great work and also recommended me for a PPO. Although due to better opportunity, I got placed in other Tier 1 firm.
How is Trilegal Mumbai banking structured in terms of teams? I.e. number of lawyers - do associates work across partners in a pool system?

Does Ameya's team look into structured and project finance? What about Kannan / Pranay / Jimmy - does an associate learn from several partners or are they working with a specific partner?

Can an associate specialize in a particular type of banking law - eg. trade finance / IBC / debentures? Or is learning dependent on the partner one is assigned to?
There is no pool system and your area of work would entirely depend upon your partner
Can associates shift from one team to another?

What work does ameya's team do?
"Mid level pretend they are God." - inko law aata hai ya position based arguments karte hain?
They do some FEMA work and a bit of listed / unlisted debt work. Not so much FPI related stuff.

▮▮▮ ▮▮▮

3 people left in 6 months. Make of that what you will.
Team is good, partner is crazy, work culture is tolerable. You could do worse though so...