Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
What's the hype around JGLS about? What are the recent placement trends and what are the college strengths and weaknesses?
Worst college ever Don't go their telling you with my personal experience
Apart from top NLUs, it's the best law school I would say. They have tier 1 placements, people getting into reputed LLM programmes, etc. Only issue is that the fees is too damn high. Like 50l for a 5year programme. That's a joke.

- A CLC graduate who thinks LSAT is a joke and it's the easiest thing to get in jindal.
u guys a joke tbh. Paying cashew nuts for salary and judging the cost of education of others, thinking your outdated 120 year -old legacy will take you far.
If you can

A) get a scholarship or afford the fee without a loan, and

B) manage to be in the top 100 of the graduating class

Then yeah it’s worth it.
Alright so, I will give you the entire perspective on JGLS. I am placed at a T1, and have a pretty good CV.

I agree with the fact that the fee is exorbitantly high. I also agree that entering JGLS requires little to no effort. Regardless, JGLS is an avenue of opportunities, if you are up for grabs. Let's assume you can afford the fee, either by your means, or by way of a scholarship.

You can live a party life in JGLS quite easily. However, do not expect to do well out of law school with that trend. The reason being the competition can be quite cutthroat. A lot of LI posts talk about JGLS having low placement percentages. That is of course true seeing that a batch (BA LLB, BBA LLB, LLB) has 900 people (for 2024), and is going up to 1200 with the first years and the introduction of BCOM LLB. It is not realistic to even achieve 20% placement rate seeing the number of candidates being enrolled.

So, the true competition, or where JGLS really resides in its core is amongst the top 50-60 people. After that, it's just a mere factory producing 'lawyers'. If you are able to enter the top 30 of the batch - by way of maintaining a high GPA, having good moots, publishing in reputed places, and by securing internships through OCS - you are bound to land a T1/ reputed LLM because of JGLS' tie-ups.

Doing all of the above is not easy. Take for instance, an average class would have 60 people. You are competing with those 60 people for grades. But when it comes to internships/placements/masters, your grade is compared across the batch and not just your class. Your class may have gotten the short end of the stick with a professor, which can make all the difference later on. So to maintain a high GPA, you have to be all in at all times.

Similarly for getting a good moot, your memorial must be shortlisted. Approximately 300-400 people submit a memorial every semester, of which 100 are selected. Then those 100 go for orals and are ranked accordingly and get a preference on their moot. Again, its rigorous.

For publications, you are not really competing with anyone. But here is the thing, every semester, you would have 6 subjects (for the first 3-4 years, gets chiller in 5th year), and each subject having loads of internal components. Now like I mentioned above, maintaining your GPA is a task in itself, so finding time for publishing pieces also gets difficult during the semester.

All-in-all, I agree with the flak JGLS gets. They are taking in too many candidates, the fee is being increased too much, and the people who are taking it seriously get hidden in the crowd at times. My advice would be, if you know you will take law school seriously and are ambitious, you can succeed here. If you don't have rigor, you can fall into the awful side of Jindal quite easily.