Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Hey, what's the state of NUJS hostels? I've heard that they assign students flats and dorms in the first year, is that so? Mainly, how are girls accommodated? And what's the infra status like for the hostels there? Worth living in?
Before the trolls start pouring in, let me just bring you up to speed as a recent alumna. The hostel scene is not ideal. There are dorms, yes. There is one flat that is at times given to girl students (about 10 people), at times to LLMs, it would be great if you can get it. It does get a bit cramped until you get rooms in second year onward. It's not terrible though, functional. I came from a middle class fam, so could cope because my priorities were grades and studying. Most of the studying can be done in the library, which is literally a stone's throw away. The library AC was malfunctioning in my final year for some time, probably got fixed by now. The seniors will be helpful if you accord basic respect to them and are polite. Don't expect very comfy or luxurious acco. It can get during peak summer months, as there is no AC facility in the hostel. Please invest in a good mattress and a mosquito net (don't rely upon repellent only, it can be bad for your health upon prolonged use). If you are joining the BSc batch, then you would be better off as their hostels are much better, though away from the main campus. Mess food is okay, nothing exceptional but not bad either, plenty of variety throughout the week. You can always Swiggy in food, plenty of good places all around. I did not do so more than once a week though, as I was financing my way through the course and finances used to be tight. Hope you enjoy your time here or wherever you end up joining. Best of luck!
It is hell. I have my home here, so not subjected to such hostile conditions.
The moderator is favouring pro-admin comments. Please stop censorship and allow us to show the true picture.
There has been only one real comment and if you think that's pro admin, then you are not paying attention to your comprehension skills.