Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
I'm 19 years old, and I have written CLAT three times (2022-2024), and in every attempt I have scored 1500–2300 AIR. I wrote CLAT the first time when I was in 12th grade, and I too gave the JEE mains, which I cracked with a 99.86%ile, securing a CSE in the NIT Trichy. I never wanted to do engineering or even take up science, but I did because of parental pressure. I was sent to Kota in grade 11, and I had to study because I always used to think about the money that my father was spending on me. I was always interested in reading and writing but was not courageous enough to voice my opinion and ambition. But once I cracked the JEE, I tried explaining to my parents that I wish to do law, and even after failing the entrance exam, I wish to take a drop in CLAT. I joined coaching, and things were going well. I was consistently scoring 100+ in all mocks, and I was hungry to know more and more about what was happening around the world. But to my fortune, my girlfriend cheated on me a few days before the CLAT, and I had only 3 days to pick myself up from there, and I was shaken to my core because I was so emotionally attached to her. I messed up CLAT, and my parents started to say it was the best if I continued with engineering and that I was good for nothing. The beginning of 2023 was filled with perplexity and mental turmoil. Like every other person who fails to crack CLAT, I gave MH Cet and Slat 2023, and I cracked both of them. I was getting GLC Mumbai through MAH CET and SLSP through SLAT, but I wasn't mentally stable enough to join them. I was convinced that there's no way I will land a job if I'm not from a top NLU, and at that point I started hating myself for failing CLAT. I decided to take a second drop, but to my misfortune, the paper came out to be so easy, and someone who has a basic understanding of logic could score at least an 80/120. Now again, I will be giving slat and mhcet, and again, I'm in the same position that I was in last year. To escalate that, everyone in my family says I will remain unemployed and I'm good for nothing. I have lost that belief in myself, and my NLU obsession is still not dying. Kya karun kisse puchun?
First of all, learn how to tell your family to shut the fuck up once in a while. It's very important to draw some boundaries.

Second, not joining GLC Mumbai was a mighty stupid decision on your part. If you get it this time, or even SLSP (good college, better than most T2 NLUs) for that matter. If you get some of the better T2 NLUs, you can definitely go for them (over SLSP).

You seem to be living in a world of delusion and self pity, thinking that you can get a job only if you are from a top tier NLU. End the pity party and get into a law school! You have very decent options.
This is the best advice you will ever get. You could have prepared for CLAT while studying in GLC- Mumbai.

By the way, the first sentence of the advice is an absolute cracker!
Please have some patience first. Gather some courage. Remember everything will be good in the long run.

Regarding education, take whatever the best you get this year. It can be anything from SLSP, GLC, DU, T-2/3 NLU, or some other good college. Work hard in those 5 years then you will be in a good place. Also, don't forget to enjoy your life during law school.
I think you shd recognise that this course isn't for you. Prepare for your JEE again and try getting an IIT. Do well there.
You are studying in an engineering college or not? If yes, then finish and go for a 3 year LLB program. Join NLS, CLC, or IIT-KGP SoL. Law se pyaar hai na? Toh you can do it whenever you want. And, if you are enamored by the law firm glamour then that's different - still, achievable, although might take some time.

And, if you have not joined any college. Then join a decent college with your rank. Choose a metro city please, and fir take CLAT again. Nahi hua toh hustle from where you are.

Also, accept the fact that law is long term game, toh these years won't matter and it's going to a long and slow road ahead.

Apologies for the structure and grammar - in a rush.
1. You must join a University this year. Dropping 2 years for clat was a mistake.

2. Write more exams - LSAT (for Jindal with a scholarship, MAHCET for GLC & ILS - both are good, SLAT for Symbiosis Pune)

Join the best campus you are getting and start your higher studies and good life.

You are too young to be worried. Your clat performance shows you are better than 90% of candidates. So no worries.
Nlu is nothing but a romantic plot set by coaching institutes. I m not denying that having an Nlu tag gives u an edge, but studying from a non-NLU college also doesn't mean that your career is over. I hardly find a handful of good or renowned lawyers who are from nlu. Most of the successful lawyers are from traditional law colleges. So worry not brother, there is a long way to go beyond college admissions
Hey man. If you're reading this, just know that you're not alone in this shithole. You will make it out not because that is what people do but because you have a hunger to be at a better place.

And you're only 19 man, you don't have your whole life behind you. yeah you might have taken a few beatings but now you know yourself better than you did 3 years ago while studying for something you didn't like so I'd say the beatings were well worth it. And don't let these go to waste.

Ask yourself what you really want and work for it, take a small break if you want before starting.

There is a person (she got a video on yt with 12 minutes to clat) who dropped two years and landed in glc. Multiple people land in nlus too (lots of clat rankers this year). Give mhcet once, land glc or ILS, work for clat/ailet from there if you want. But join a college. Your parents will stop cribbing once you do. I assume you can get uslls too at this rank without giving any entrance, look into that.

So rise up my man nothing is lost.
Hi please don't feel hopeless and depressed. Its not true that u are not going ton get a job if u are not from a tier1 nlu. This year many A0s in tier 1 law firms came from t2/t3 nlus or some even from private colleges. If u genuinely want to study law you can chose any nlu/ GLC Mumbai or any other good private college and pursue it.

Parents tend to be harsh in such situations but at the end of the day it's your life you have to decide what you want.

I hope things work out for you!
Kid, even I joined NALSAR after 2 years of drop. Totally worth it, do it.
Beta abi tumhari zindagi shuru bhi nai hui hai.

Chill karo and enjoy life. There is so much more in life than being a lawyer from NLU.
Is there any way we could connect? Kind of in a similar situation
I want to start by commending you for your perseverance and resilience in pursuing your dreams despite facing numerous challenges along the way. It takes immense courage to confront parental expectations and societal pressures to follow one's true passion, and your determination to pursue law despite setbacks is truly admirable.

Your journey reflects the struggles and uncertainties that many individuals face in navigating their career paths. It's evident from your achievements, such as scoring exceptionally well in JEE mains and cracking exams like MH CET and SLAT, that you possess the intellect and capability to excel in your chosen field. Your resilience in bouncing back from setbacks like a difficult breakup and facing self-doubt is a testament to your strength of character. I understand the weight of familial expectations and the pressure to conform to predetermined paths. However, it's crucial to remember that your worth is not defined solely by the institution you attend or the career you pursue.

Success comes in many forms, and your determination to follow your passion for law is a testament to your courage and authenticity. It's natural to experience moments of doubt and uncertainty, especially when faced with criticism from loved ones. But please know that your journey is unique, and setbacks are not indicators of failure but opportunities for growth and self-discovery. It's okay to seek support and guidance from others, whether it's through mentors, counselors, or trusted friends and family members. As you prepare to retake SLAT and MH CET, I encourage you to approach the process with renewed determination and self-belief. Remember to be kind to yourself and acknowledge the progress you've made so far.

Your journey may not be linear, but each experience contributes to your growth and resilience.
A 8-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.