Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
Hi Guys, I'm confirmed to intern in May/June at the Delhi CM office of Induslaw. Can someone tell me about PPO culture. 2026 batch here, Tier 1 NLU.
Don't. They won't be offering PPO to your batch until late 2024. Getting a callback is tough as you won't be given any significant task for you being in your third year.
But given that I will probably do the callback in late 2024 (my internship is in May/ June 2024), doesnt it make sense.

Also I would be in the fourth year by May won't I ?

Is more work required for a callback? Like I know someone at Trilegal has to only get feedback from two associates for a callback. How is it in Indus?
Delhi is conservative with callbacks given how Mumbai office has a say for everything with respect to ECM hiring/recruitment. That being said, I had a friend who told me that Delhi CM operates hybridly & does not really engage interns with DRHP drafting exercise since they limit basic research/form filing grunt work for interns and fail to objectively assess candidates. Know someone who secured PPOs in their final year but their last year's overhiring signals a freeze as far as the Delhi side of things are by far concerned. They have a few SAs which are difficult to work with while Associates will be drowning with work; choose your reporting person wisely and outperform others.

If you have the chance, then its more prudent to get your internship shifted to the Mumbai office for better chances of bagging callbacks; 3 people b/w June, 2023 to November, 2023 slots have been able to bag callbacks in the Mumbai office provided they were in cordial touch with their internship mentor (who has the final call with regards to the callback recommendation).

Hope this gives you an idea, best of luck!
1) Being in third year/just finished third year is the first red flag since you don't have proper acumen for understanding their nature of work unless ofcourse you have prior ECM or Financial Regulatory experience or have penned down SEBI articles on IndiaCorpLaw/Taxmann/other reputed journals.

2) Delhi has a small team and every decision for callbacks is taken by the Mumbai office, so think it through and try to get your slot shifted to Mumbai.

3) They prefer candidates who have prior experience in ECM work and accordingly allot work.

4) Everything will depend on how much your mentor pushes for your callback, so stay in very good terms with him/her.

5) Hiring might not be active until late 2025 due to the 2023 overhiring across offices in ECM.

Thanks and all the best!
Bhai/ Behenji thoda elaborate kariye. Also can comments not be marked trollish so fast.
CM Bangalore came to our college after the certificate course. Is it worth it to apply?