Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
1.4lpm + house + naukar chakar + or v bagut sare perks/allow + naam/rutwa/ijjat jaha ye mile wo attractive nhi hogi ?
But there’s no career progression in that? Wouldn’t the life be so monotonous reading piles of files everyday. Dealing with people, and also losing all touch of corporate practice( which can make your switch more) ??
1.4 lakhs including HRA is the gross for a person with two years of experience. if you hold a master's degree, it increases by another 8000/-. If you are posted in a metropolitan city, the salary goes up by atleast 20 thousand as the HRA component increases.
talking about cash in hand salary, its 1.04L in most of the states including Rajasthan.
Prepare for judiciary only for states you want to love in forever. For example Himachal and Uttarakhand would be better to live in forever than Bihar or UP, despite the latter having more reputation and clout. Political interference is also more in such states, yet so are the promotions.

However, don't leave your job. All competitive exams are uncertain and unemployment is on the rise. So if you leave a job and decide to come back it will be tougher & more frustrating. So best is to prepare with job and leave only when you have to start training at the Judicial academy.
These states have very low vacancy and I mean really low, like single digit and people from across north India are applying for it.

So if the idea is prepare only for UK or HP judiciary then I'll recommend you, don't.

The chances are really slim, if you aren't from state even if you qualify the pre and mains there will be some bias against you at the time of interview.
I'm sorry. But you need to really go out and touch the grass. We are living in India !

No matter where you go, the chances will always be slim irrespective of the number of vacancies since the population, especially in current times with a younger population, will outweigh vacancies.

Despite having large vacancies, a lot of states are just not worth it. I have friends in UP, Bihar & MP who absolutely hate their work due to the audience they have to cater to. OP be careful, if you don't like that state you will not be able to work there despite clearing it. And that would be worse feeling to not enjoy your career that you worked so hard for to clear.

Also, whether the candidates are 2 or 200. It's still gonna be tough. That's why it's a "competitive" exam.
But all jobs are very time demanding how can one prepare with a job ?
Unfortunately, you will have to do double duty. Atleast give the pre, that's usually on a sunday. For mains, take a holiday, 15 days before the exam. For interviews a day off before will be fine. Many people have cleared this exam with a job, while litigating, while teaching etc.

It all depends on how much toh want it.

Or you can take a gamble and leave job for a year. But make sure to get a job immediately if you fail any stage of the exam. Because once you're in this competitive stage you will not realise how one year become five. It's a vicious circle.
If you decide to give up your job to prepare for judiciary, please make sure you appear in court at least once in a week. Make sure your name appears in vakalatnama and order sheets. You should have evidence of practicing law in the event you aren't able to clear the exam. Will help in profession later.
Hi I am someone who have been in the process of judiciary exams for long now . Trust me competition is damn high and there is fair share of corruption in appointments . I dont want to take name of Justices and HCs but even DJS is rigged ! Let alone MP , CG , JH , Haryana .

Preparing with a job is possible only if you are doing 9-5 . Litigation and law firm is 9-9 atleast ! That will leave you physically exhausted .

Word of Wisdom - You cant have bird in both hands. Kuch na kuch ssacrifice karna hi padega and then be courageous to bear the outcome.