Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
I have a cgpa around 6 (in 4th year currently )Do I stand a chance for placements? Which specific firm should I target?
Depends on college and batch rank. A stand alone cgp Without context makes no sense at all
Start preparing for govt exams. With this rank, it's difficult for a T2 NLU kid to get a good job. For T1 NLU kids, a good job is gettable but not guaranteed. No chance for T3 NLUs
Bhai, out of 10 to acha nai hai. Wese I had 6.9 out of 10. I am an RP in a T1 now. (No exceptionally longer time taken either). To jyada load mat lo, if its law firms you are thinking of joining.
It depends on a lot of factors. General things that firms look at are college, CGPA, co-curricular activities (papers/ moots/ debates, etc.). Some firms like CAM and SAM are a bit more focused on batch ranks. While it may seem harsh, most T1 firms have a preference for T1 NLUs, though they do hire from outside these as well- but for that you will have to compensate in another area- co-curricular, great internships, very good understanding of the area in which you wish to work or if all else false, have good networks. That said, don't worry too much about the CGPA. It is only a metric (which is the easiest for firms/ companies to comprehend), but which in no way determines how good of a lawyer you would be in the future. I have personally seen people with average CGPA and not top notch colleges be phenomenal at firms as well at courts. Study and work hard and most firms would be open to take you in the long term. Best of luck!