Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
Okay So I will probably end up with NLSIU and wanted to go for Corporate firms after college only and I am bit apprehensive regarding NLSIU in this regard.

So can someone help me understand why is it so? and how does placements in NLSIU look like?
This is confidence.

You will get a job dude. Don't worry for NLSIU placements.
How much are u scoring? Will your scores increase after the final answer key?
Won't reveal my exact marks, but they are in the 100+ range,so safe for NLS, also yes I do accept that my score will increase as I attempted every question and 2-3 questions were plainly wrong in the answer key, but even if Consortium doesn't make any changes in the final answer key, I am fine with that as well cuz my score is good enough :)
You don't ask NLSIU for placement stats for the same reason you don't ask Lamborghini or Patek Philippe how many cars and watches they sold in India. Because NLSIU is in a different league.
I get what you are saying but not publishing stats and being not so transparent doesn't bode well + I have heard that 2023 placements were not upto the mark and this is with 70-80 batch size and now batch size is gonna be 300, so that's why I am a bit apprehensive regarding it and no hard feelings.
If you perform well in NLS, no force on earth can stop you from getting a decent job. Don’t overthink. You haven’t even started the degree yet.
Correction:

Perform badly in NLSIU = decent job.

Perform well in NLSIU = multi-crorepati
And yet the institute that makes this possible (if at all) is starved of funds. Nice.
This is like children earning lacs and crores, while the mother is forced to work as a housemaid to make ends meet and stay afloat.
NLSIU doesn't contribute that much to the students' success then, clearly.
For a matter of fact, we don't need to ask these brands because they already display the same on their websites. Can't say the same about NLS.
So much so that NLSIU reports are NOT admissible in court as evidence, that exclusive privilege is reserved for just one university in this country.
Because with their campus expansion, the quality has also come down
Ganda hai, par dhanda hai yeh. Intake has to increase and the fee has to rise to keep this state NLU financially viable, in the absence of funding from the Karnataka Govt. Domicile reservation has to be sustained to keep the activists and the government happy - quality is not a priority in any state institution. This is only the start of the fall.
File an RTI, and ask them the question, not on LI, where every First year and 12th student advises partners from tier 1 firms how to recruit students.
Mods may I ask why is this post marked as trollish? and what exactly is trollish about this post?
There’s a reason NLSIU is called the Harvard of the East. The students are the cream of the crop and so are the placements. The top law firms and consulting in London and NY, the World Bank, the boardrooms of the world’s top companies… you will find NLSIU grads everywhere.
Nobody calls it that. As for those positions, other than those obtained via older age such as HC judge or Senior Advocate, other NLUs also have their alumni in such places.
What grads are doing rn or what did in the past doesn't change the fact that they haven't released their placement stats for half a decade now,right?

And what's trollish about the post? It seems like a genuine concern post and in no way undermine NLS.
A 46-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.