Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
Anyone who has or you know who has left law completely in their mid 30s & 40s and changed professions ? I've been an advocate for a decade+ and I've finally run my course. Mentally I'm exhausted. Thinking about leaving this profession. But my age is the major factor that I'm hesitant. Will be turning 35 this January. Any success stories ?
I'm 35. Turned 35 in July. Have left the law for all practical purposes. I study the financial markets, work out and relax with dad, wife and son. I made investments which give me a monthly return of 2 lakhs per month. Its a regular life what my parents provided me. Didn't scale up but didn't turn insane either. Choose you poison.
To the 35 year old, were you in corporate law in a law firm ? If you were starting out would you join a smaller firm and then try and jump to a bigger T1 or start with a T1 firm itself ? Assuming you wanted to get really good training and knew the smaller firm would give you this training but weren’t sure whether a T1 would pick someone up later from a smaller firm because of not having a large T1 firm brand name?
2LPM is a good income dude. Have you become full time stock trader ?
Is this return after tax and after providing for inflation on capital? Otherwise, it isn’t passive income. 2 lakhs per month will not be a decent amount after a decade. Just like 50k per month is considered below avg today.
Do you think 2 lakhs a month is enough for a family, even if one doesn’t pay rent? With children’s school and colleges fees, health costs, car, fuel, holidays, eating out etc? Do you manage all this fine? What about 20 years from now?
OP, are you in a law firm or working independently as a litigating advocate ?
Started out as a litigating advocate, hated every second of it, I'm a first gen. Luckily moved to a law firm, been there for almost a decade. Money is not what I'm searching for anymore.
Pls help me get into Law Firm (general corp) . I am litigating PQE 3. Hating every second of it. Not stable financially and very stressed .
If possible , pls help and reply on mail seriouspen@mail.com
You could move in-house and eventually acquire a management/ other degree part time and switch tracks.