Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, do anybody know about work ethic of man ? How does he get time to read (infact how do sr advs get time to read)?

As best of my knowledge he is graduate from GLC, but he has not done any specialization in Securities Law. So how did he become an expert in that domain?

Pls explain
Do you think law school is the only place you learn law? Professional specialization is absolutely not necessary to excel in law.
Som is an extraordinary lawyer. He somehow got time to balance his life as a busy lawyer, climb mountains, do photography good enough to be featured in collections, quietly do a lot of charity including financing and mentoring IDIA scholars and only he knows what else. He is very hard working and a fair boss to work under from what I have known.
I was asked to brief him back in the 2015 when I was a junior at M/s Crawford Bayley, Mumbai (& did not really grasp the proposition since it was a 200 pager technical factsheet). The man literally sat next to me with his junior & taught me the art of grasping the trickiest of the SEBI orders. SS is an angel with a great sense of humour, bold character & has utmost respect for young lawyers in the game.
Law School specialization will never determine your professional specialization. Hands on learning where you have to sit and figure out stuff is unparalleled - law schools by no margin mimic that.
All I can say is that had our judiciary had more people like him, the legal system in this country would have been served way better.
🀑🀑apna nlu dhol lalla firms ke aage bajao, litigation me nahi chalta ye sab 🀑🀑
His NLU peers leaving an exceptional few are yet to make it to the High Courts.
I saw him yesterday in BHC hearing cases with J. Collabawala and he was smiling throughout. A very active and deserving Judge. It was fun sitting in their court. Recommend 10/10. Amazing grasp on the laws, and his confidence was so visible.