Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Hi peeps, I need a few suggestions on how to handle this situation. I left a tier -1 job a few months back because of a toxic partner (he was not your average toxic partner, the average duration of any associate working with him is 4-5 months). I would be joining another T-1 in a few weeks, and I feel a knot in my stomach. I don't know how to overcome this entire situation. During the interview, the partner was very nice, and I have heard good reviews about the partner, but I am still scared (and when I say scared, I mean really really scared). Any tips/hacks/life pro skills would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Tier 1 Partners, most of them and particularly the salaried ones, are still 'employees' at the end of the day who just happen to make a lot more than a regular employee. They are dependent on someone else, mostly the Name Partners, for their livelihood.

This profession becomes more stressful when you know the client is not yours, and even the money you make does not come owing to your own brand or reputations but someone else's. It stressed the Partner, most of whose emotional intelligence also gets compromised a number of times.

If you have chosen to work in a Tier-1, you need to be ready to handle the stress, knowing that most of the times the hard days are a function of these circumstances.
You're not the only one going through it.

Same happened with me when I encountered egomaniacal psychopath toxic boss in my CS intership at one of the top companies.

Nevertheless, I left the same in 7 months but still get constant self doubts.

Also, one of the colleagues there had same panic attacks there and left after an year and is now doing decent.

But, ultimately you'll overcome it.
You have developed some sort of ptsd. Usually it takes care of itself and goes away (as in the case of parents of children who get traumatized by being woken up at late night by shrill crying) except if severe (as in the case of war vets, with shell shock).
Bhai kuch chize tere hath mein nahi hai. Is chiz ko samjh aur apneap ko kismat k hath chod de. Good things will surely come your way, sometimes overthinking creates a lot of problem. Jsey bure log mile hai vese ache bhi milngey. Aur control nhi hora toh engage yourself in different activities, matlab ki sochne k samey hi na ho. We all go through it. You will safely and surely pass this storm. All the best.