Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
Is it better to take sls/jgls if i am getting t2/3 nlus? Which is better in terms of placement
SLSP > JGLS > t2/t3 nlus

If JGLS is unaffordable, try GLC in Mumbai if you're after a good placement
Depends on what you consider a T2/3 nlu. Other than that, choose SLSP over JGLS since its difficult to respect kids who spent 50 lakh on a law degree and used connections to bag internships with an inflated GPA. Lastly, with an alumni base which has not even produced partners across T1 law firms, JGLS is definitely a dirty bet considering you come from a humble background with modest income. Alumni base and heritage is where SLSP dominates as far as private colleges are concerned.
As a GB 2024 student of JGLS (who CHOSE JGLS over a T2 NLU), I highly recommend taking a T2 NLU as:

- if you are paying 47 lakhs, for substandard facilities (and government college type infra and un-hygienic food along with unsanitary living conditions) + government department like treatment/no accountability of admin officers like registrar, chief student affair officer, new programme head of 5 year programme, etc., it is better to chose a T2 NLU over JGLS as there you will get all this for less than 10 lakhs.

- Degradation of faculty over the years: University has undertaken aggressive expansion and so has seen a quality drop in faculty. Basically the model is to have 2-3 big names and do PR with it and 100 substandard faculty (who teach majority, if not all of your courses)

- Poor placements: After paying 47 Lakhs, less than 5% of the batch gets placed. Despite having 1000+ kids hiring pool, in absolute number terms the placements are more for NLUs (even T2) than here.

Consider the above- i.e., substandard living conditions qua the cost of said services + Bad admin + no job after grad (cost coming to 47 lakh), best to go for T2 or even T3 NLU as you will get all of the above for much lesser cost.