Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
I have lately been seeing there a lot of β€œvacation colleges” that have come up in Bharat. These clgs do not generally have a strict attendance policy , academic rigour amongst students and motivation from the faculty. They are filed with clat and slat rejects who wanted a college with affordable fees at the same time away from home at a metro city. Also, the vast majority of the β€œstudents” in these colleges are found clubbing, or smacking in their flat rooms or vacationing at a nearby hill-station , with collegiate participation in sight . How do these colleges even exist under the nose of BCI and the government?
Because the government is too busy trying to figure out whether to call the country India or Bharat.
Kian too is busy trying to figure out whether to call his website legally India or legally Bharat, instead of publishing comments on time.
Name a few of these vac colleges so that naive aspirants can be on alert
Lmao GLC vacation college? πŸ’€πŸ’€

I'm from a t1 nlu but after coming to Mumbai realised the strong hold GLC has on corp, the number of partners, the quality of associates. Everything seems top notch.

and on litigation it literally is unbeatable kabhi jakar dekho Bombay HC.
That is because GLC is a vacation college, people unfairly intern al year long, with no regards to UGC and BCI attendance norms.
Who gives a dime about what bci says or does, it should be chucked in the bin .Besides corp lawyers don't require license anyway s
Why so salty, perhaps you are now realizing one of these vacation college grad has more practical experience than you and got to do all these fun things in there college life while you were slogging writing stupid research papers.
Why enroll in law school then? Start going to district courts and get all the practical knowledge you need.
U won't find anyone from these clgs in any place good, only at dad's business or getting a destination marriage that's all
Are u on the commission rolls of one these college admission brokers?
Buddy some of us actually slogged our asses off, interned at various top tier firms thanks to our college being a 'vacation college' as OP said.

I myself am from one of the colleges mentioned above and am currently an assessment intern at a tier 2 firm.
Someone from one these vac colleges you mentioned. Actually converted the tier 2 law firm. You have your alumni network, we have our vac colleges to pursue internships and compensate. Or are you just insecure that we are coming for the so coveted tier 1 jobs that you will do everything to get and then rant about it on LI?
U also had ur alumni base dear dude, and also generational wealth- something not everyone has.So i don't compare ur so called "hustle" coz we know our boundaries . Till then enjoy ur natural privilege while we do the hard work on our own right
Idk who you are and what band your vac colleges are, but mine was dirt cheap. The transportation costs were probably more than my college fees (and I travelled via public buses).

Also no. A lot of the government or other vac colleges (unless they charge exorbitant fees) witnesses its students go to litigation instead of corporate.

So yeah, with a father who passed away when I was a child and someone who got everything handed over to me on a platter from 'swarg', best wishes for your 'hard work on your own right'.
im sorry about that, but we don't know the stories of others so it's obviously impossible to judge based on a single comment. To each and it's own, we have our struggles to tell.
Hey sorry for being salty on the above comment from my end. Only that I don't consider vac colleges to be bad necessarily.
1. Gives a lot of guys/girls like me the chance to get a good hands-on exposure. Although I am jealous of you guys because a. infra that you had and b. the classroom environment.

2. The ultra-rich vac school attendees are few in number and even fewer will actually even bother trying to take the jobs that we are vying for.

That said, I hope you get all your wishes fulfilled! Cheers mate and again, apologies for me lashing out.
Working at a tier - 1 from one of the colleges named above. Got there without any jugaad, despite family being from the legal profession. I agree that most of my colleagues back in college were dumb fucks, but don't undermine everyone who has studied from one of these colleges.
No need to get salty on my comments here, you also know where u came from .Just not everyone is as hardworking is u so I'm trying to save a lifetime of anguish and misery by naming these clgs
A 6-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.