Read 87 comments as:
Filter By
they aren't? had a 2024 person land a ppo this june and then at least 2 2025 people have callback and ppo interview scheduled as per my knowledge
Getting these call backs and PPOs mean nothing for you and your future. They overhire at the bottom level and also fire people EVERY year. Not a good place for someone to start their career. So many people have left them within few months. Even 2-3 months. One of them is actually an partner at ICUL funds today. ▮▮▮
So many downvotes! Does TL not care about culture at all? Beats me how that place is still standing and why associates still stick around. Is money everything to Gen z?
Every junior lawyer/ person strives hard to establish themselves and see where life takes them. It is this vulnerability that these particular partners exploit in young people. They have very successfully marketed themselves as "leading" for the practice area. Whereas, the treatment that people get in the team is obviously not worth it. I've worked in the team for several years. Only few favourite who are deliberately and obviously toxic are thier favourite and are groomed to make it to the top. For the rest, it's really just a matter of time. Having said that, life is long and things have a way of coming back to you. Partnership in any top private organisation is a prestigious and respectful achievement for sure, but to have every single person abuse your name and have nothing positive to say about you is a failure of its own. Someday, when they retire, whether is 10 years down the line or earlier, I am sure, hope and pray, for a better and fairer someone in the world to deliver justice to the ones who were ostracized and targeted by them. It's a long long life. They are after all, simple common folks, who are just earning good money and nothing else. Prestige and respect does not go well with thier leadership and name.
ICUL and KCO are the only great practices in the market. Delusional teams like Trilegal and Resolut must be avoided.
Considering I have an internship at Resolut, can you tell me why do you consider them delusional?
It doesn't do funds. Mostly transactional work and alot of real estate related work.
NDA doesn't hire a lot and often. Work wise is decent, pay is decent although you might want to check out Parul Jain's story on WordPress to know how bad it can be if you're on their wrong side. KCo is the least toxic and most sought after place for funds.
There is some truth to this. But like every team, these teams also have their own problems.
You must remember the ones who deign to reply to you will in all likelihood be bitter failures who lack the drive, talent and gumption to succeed and who misguidedly seek validation by defecating on others. You will find not find the answer you seek on this forum. Do your own research and if you have an inroad to speak to someone direct in the team, do so.
People don't want to join them. Currently the team has only 1SA and 1 counsel. The CA turned lawyer, was an SA & now a counsel wasn't even a lawyer when he joined. Goes on to show how desperate they are for trained talent and why no one is joining them despite the pay being what it is.

▮▮▮
A 8-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 29-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 127-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 64-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 39-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 95-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 65-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 28-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 25-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 44-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 112-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 29-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 34-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 52-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 33-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 105-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 2-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 24-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 31-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 52-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
Hey can you tell me if shifting across firms in investment funds is easier. Not specifically across firms but across cities, like I might have an offer but I am skeptical of taking it because I eventually have my family in Delhi
It is hard to shift across firms because there are very less firms have a good funds practice. Shifting across cities is impossible.

Better to take m&a or gc if you want to end up in Delhi later.

Even if you live in Mumbai for 5-10 years and want to shift to Delhi later, it's not feasible for funds. Ek baar ke liye associate waha se kaam kr skta hai lekin if a partner wants to sustain his revenue in tier ones, Mumbai is where the business is.
Iucl funds team is stupid minus the partner. Plus the firm now has 8-9 hour work day and half day and pay cut if you come late bs. Who would want to work there !
and 8 hour work day of ICUL is bothering you 😂😂😂 so anybody offering you 5-6 hours workday pls let us know too we will also join..we always got 12-14 and would be delighted with 8-9
A 42-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 97-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 49-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 33-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 124-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
A 8-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 59-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 1-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 63-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 21-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 85-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 44-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 15-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
I have never heard of Trilegal giving out assessment internship. Are you talking about a call back?
Isn't any call back internship automatically an assessment internship? 🤔
If it were a call back for upcomingintern, wouldn’t she know the team and the experience?
A 5-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 23-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 126-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 48-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 15-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 59-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 4-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 32-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 95-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 26-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 57-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.