Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
I am a new joiner (from campus placement) at a reputed tier-one firm. Next month, we will be having around 15 interns, and I have been assigned as a 'mentor'. My team's partner told me to assess the interns, including their good and bad sides, and provide him with a written submission by the end of their internships, which would be used to decide on callbacks. What parameters shall I look out for?
There's nothing incoming interns shouldn't know already. Having said that, if interns needed this list, now they have it. Let's hope they can stop being red flags and become as asset to the workforce :)
1. Should not be sketchy with phone

2.Should not be inconsistent.

3.Should not lead you on

P.S: Take their actions into your consideration over their words
My mentor barely speaks to me, forget handing me work. This is when the partners and SAs are also allotting me work.
Oh my god the same! only that aint no partner or anybody alotting me work. Also my mentor seems to allot a lot of work to female co-interns and tells me on text that he has not work at the moment and the workflow is slow, but my female co-interns literally show me work allocation from him which is a lot lot heavy.

What should I do? Should I come back as a female intern.
No, that will not be advisable. Now that you have posted this, the mentor will mend his ways and will not discriminate.
I would also want to do that. Everyone seems so accomodative, understanding, willing to give work, and actually creating good office friendships with girls. On the other hand, I am ignored, only sent the mail with limited understanding with work. I can understand the female associates may want to maintain that distance, but the others?