Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
I'm a girl from a tier-one NLU, coming from a fairly well-off family. There's a paucity of tier-one firms in my city. At the same time, I genuinely hate staying away from home for a month, in an alien city, to do internships. Was thinking of booking return flights every weekend, is it feasible or am I fretting too much over my upcoming corporate internships at Mumbai and Delhi?
Bhai, how privileged you all are? Why the hell struggle so much at these internships if you already have that kind of money?
Yaar itna kya craze hai ki itni lambi lambi kahaniyan bana rahe hein log.
Why don't you plan your internship at any Law Firm at the One World Center considering they have a helipad? You can enter into an agreement with Pawan Hans for a month, and also hire your firm where you are interning to negotiate on your behalf.
This looks like a troll post. If it isn't then you do you honey. But most tier one firms don't do weekends. So if you want them to respect you as a professional, you may not want to tell them you have a flight home every time they need you to stay late or work after hours.
The firms for which I'd be interning have a policy of Monday to Friday work from office, and if there's any remaining work then they do it on the weekends from home.
I know a partner at a tier-one firm who does the same. Every alternate weekend, he flies from Mumbai to Jaipur.
Big deal. Most Jindal faculty do that, since they are only supposed to attend college for 2 days a week.
Clowns would have a riot with LI crowd seeing as how susceptible to trolling everyone here seems to be.
Average Partner at the T1 firm - Beti yeh firm khareed le!!! You dont even have to come !!! Happy to serve you rather than the current management!!! Sucked the bloody life out of us with targets, BD, front facing the associates on unpleasant decisions etc. Then on top have to push my associates with peanut salary to the wall to achieve these targets along with me!!! Please buy them out.
You are a troll, but last year my team (T1/M&A) had an intern from Jiggles who was wearing a Royal Oak. He was rather dim. Turns out, his dad is a client of the real estate/banking practice of the firm in another city.

I am the idiot, for buying into the idea of meritocracy in the real world.
A 10-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 4-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 23-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.