Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
I am 25, graduated law school recently, and do not want to go into litigation, My Parents are pressuring me to prepare for the Judiciary, and I do not want to, I dont want to go for corporate firms as well. Teaching might be the last resort but I am not thinking it. I want to do something that will pay me decent/good. I don't know what other things I can do, simply clueless now. Wanted to prepare for UPSC (since subjects excite me a bit) with a job but that's too risky. Did I make all the wrong choices in life? I am creative by temperament and good in studies, is there any job that will be good for me? Is there any govt exam I can prepare for, or any other sector where I will be useful, Wise people of LI please advise me (crying emoji)
Hey man I'll be honest with you, it's completely normal to feel clueless but you're being a little delusional here. It's okay if you don't want to do corp, litigation and judiciary as well but at the same time you cannot cancel out academia, civil services too and still want a job that will pay you "decent/good". You'll have to sacrifice something.

If you like studying then do consider teaching, if not law then look into clat prep. But rn it just feels like you need to sit down clear up your priorities first and then decide which field to go in.
My suggestion is get a job first, any would do, just to pay the bills and keep the mouths shut. Then start preparing for UPSC. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT tell anyone that you're preparing for it. When asked, just tell them about the job you have. Give the exam till 30. If you still can't crack it, then it's not for you. Move to something different. Simultaneously, in your free time, indulge in your creative endeavours. Both a creative field and upsc have one thing in common and that's it's an uncertain career path. All the best.