Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
Been thinking a lot about quitting my T1 job (M&A) and switching to litigation. I know there will be tough times for the first 2-3 years but I think 5 years should be an ideal time for the practice to give sufficient money to sustain myself and some of the family needs.

For 1st gen Lawyers who think they have had an above-average trajectory, what is the amount of money that you guys make? We all know that the figures are subject to a lot of factors but I just want to know the number along with the rationale or the factors that helped you get there.

If there is anyone who has switched from a firm to litigation, then their input will be of tremendous help!
I joined litigation right out of a T1 NLU, it's been 7 years. Can someone show me where the promised land is? I'm still making (in Delhi) maybe 40% of what my peers who took corp jobs make.
promised land is for your kids. You will start earning when you are 45-50. By that time, u will spend more money on your kids than on yourself
Aayega bhai Aayega.

40% of what they are making is a great sucess in 7 years. 10 years down the line you will be doing better, hopefully.