Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
I'm currently seeking paid Research Assistantship (RAship) opportunities to support myself financially. While I've come across a few posts on platforms like LinkedIn and LawOctopus, most of them either offer minimal compensation or none at all. Additionally, I've tried reaching out to individuals through cold emails, but it feels awkward to inquire about stipends in such initial communication.

I would really appreciate some guidance on how to navigate this.
Hi, if you are a college kid looking for payments on the side - I can tell you what to do. If you are someone looking for money to pay college bills/ support family, etc my advice may not work well for you.

Start mailing professors / think tanks / research centres working on areas or problems that you find interesting. Generally, a country where the exchange rate works in your favour. It is always fun to work on projects that you will engage in and not just think of it as a money source. While they might not promise pay upfront, they usually start giving you money once you show you are good at your work and are committed.